I want more modding, do you?

The quality of the news is always good here. The discourse? Not so much. The deeper thoughts and dives (see mysteryconman) don’t go very far. People are here to learn tidbits and don’t generally have the time and patience for more.

1 Like

That’s true, I often get frustrated the we discuss results rather than principles and philosophy. But most people on this site are smarter than me and I appreciate the info and insight that is shared.

1 Like

Especially since the memes sucked ass, if you’re going to spam a thread with memes at least make them somewhat funny

1 Like

I’m definitely not going to relitigate this but it was a lot more than 2 people and for a lot more than annoying people and you know it. No one called for him to be banned either, just contained, after a year+ of abusive posting. Your whole little spat with cuse is just the continuation of that same argument and it’s obvious to anyone paying attention. Very few of us are here are for lightly banning anyone, I know I am not and agree with you that it should be the absolute last line of punishment for very bad posters who show no signs of reforming.

Sabo thought the modding was unfair here and he was run off by it. I kind of agreed with his take, tbf he did take it too far sometimes with the counter trolling but it was always after the same people always came into his threads and called his ideas/posts and discussion stupid and tried to get him to shut up or called him an extremist and all that bullshit

9 Likes

I would concur with this assessment of where we are at. The post-election bragging and shaming and then the insane level of back and forth bickering has not been a good period for the forum. I also think hatred of Trump unified us and with that fading away we will be back to full blown attacking each other for our differences if we aren’t careful.

1 Like

The votes are there. I’m not sure how long the poll will be open but @SensiblePerson’s OP rules suggestions have a 12 point lead and a majority with >50 people having voted.

Sabo was an odd one for me. He made lots of good points but also like to troll a lot too. His tendency to reply to himself over and over in threads was very odd as well and I could never tell if it was genuine or trolling.

This is true.

So as a community we are happy to allow people like Sabo to be run off by sustained and concentrated bullying, but not for someone to call someone else a ■■■■■

L
O
L

2 Likes

And so it is. I’ll try to do that stuff. Thanks.

1 Like

No one should be allowed to bully Sabo or anyone else. I guess I didn’t participate in those threads because I didn’t see it but you are strawmanning with this whole “two sets of rules” theory you have. Literally no one here is for that.

Sabo is an odd one and he has been driven off because of it. The people who did the driving should feel bad about it.

3 Likes

I was one of the people who went hard white knighting nbz and am very proud of how that turned out.

Nunnehi was not that situation though, I think the correct thing happened.

5 Likes

The biggest thing we can do as a community is to try very to hard before we reply to ask ourselves if we would respond to someone “on our side” the same way. I am trying to do this myself lately.

So many discussions on here start with asertaining which side you are and then assuming the other side is acting in bad faith all the time and your side is acting in good faith all the time.

It leads both sides to defend obviously bad positing simply because the politics are on their side.

1 Like

lol, Sabo bullies others far more than anyone lays into him.

6 Likes

You felt bullied by Sabo?

I know he was pretty relentless with the herp derp drawings and such.

Yeah Sabo dished out at least as much as he took.

He literally created a thread solely dedicated to mocking me that the mods eventually shut down because it got creepy as fuck.

lol at saying he got “run off” because people called his stupid ideas stupid. Don’t dish it out if you can’t take it.

4 Likes

I’ve bookmarked this post. Prepare to be haunted by it in future. :grin:

I think its fair to call a stupid idea stupid. And I always like him. I even donated to some of his causes.

1 Like