2022 LC Thread—New Year, New Thread

You might already have this. And it’s free. Just go to your local public library and get a library card. Mine allows me access to tons of newspapers through the library’s online portal. It’s a bit clunky because you can’t click a direct link (from an unstuck post, for example), but you can read the article and you don’t need to be worried that you’re stealing something (which I know does bother some people)

1 Like

Never not funny:

2 Likes

This is both amusing and disturbing.

2 Likes

I wish his technique was better

Theres some economic theories around value that suggest that single fees are more profitable than popne offs, in particular for things with a low marginal value.

Theres a bunch of stuff you might pay 25 cents for. Theres also a bunch you wouldnt pay 25 for, but you might pay 10.

The idea is that you include all the 10s and 5s and others in what you are willing to pay as a one of.

Of course. Lol economics 101. Subscriptions mostly suck people in and they keep paying cos they are lazy.

I bet there’s a market for some kind of Marvel-themed spinoff theme park.

There is! It’s called “Avengers Campus” and Disney already did it in California at Disneyland. It just opened up. I hope to be able to go some day, but every time we talk about flying to California we worry about what would happen if someone got Covid. At least with Florida we could drive back home. I still worry about getting stuck at a vacation destination.

Edit: https://disneyland.disney.go.com/destinations/disney-california-adventure/avengers-campus/

Surely this already exists/is in the works?

Edit: ponied by jman

It would be fun to dress up as Batman and see if they kick you out of the Avengers Campus.

They would not be amused.

Are there any food delivery apps that aren’t gouging the shit out of restaurants and delivery guys?

Put vacation shaming into the same bucket as kink shaming.

I don’t know why people would take a vacation to run a marathon but I just assume they enjoy it, much like adults going to Disney or another theme park.

3 Likes

What if your kink is shaming people who intentionally take bad vacations because they get sexual gratification from being humiliated for their vacation choices?

2 Likes

I’m angry they took out tower of terror for it and rebranded it as some dumb avengers thing

The rides are fun for everyone, even the kid ones. The food is great, every single staff member is awesome. DCA downtown at night is a fun place to be. The parades are incredibly well done. Firework shows are better than my towns 4th. The stores are fun to shop and the merch is great quality. The hotels are insane if you stay at one of the resort ones.

And kids like it even more. I go every year.

7 Likes

https://twitter.com/sportsguyjose/status/1571999665477787648?s=20&t=LH3cI22yncFNn1ARhSpo_A

America

Wow. Clearly they bring quality in the USA. The food was maybe the worst thing about EuroDisney in my experience! And our major ‘theme park’ in Australia, Warner Bros Movie World is just horrendous. I don’t know anyone who likes it enough to to regularly from their own enjoyment perspective. I’m guessing it’s quite a lot larger with more to do at USA disney

You are correct to be angry.

1 Like

Pretty much this. One of my favorite family activities is just to take walks (in general, not specific to Disney). Disney adds nice weather and interesting atmosphere to those walks. We probably walk 20 miles a day on a Disney trip, maybe more.

2 Likes