2022 LC Thread—New Year, New Thread

Happy New Year, UP. Hoping that 2022 is better than 2021 (and 2020 and 2019 and…)

15 Likes

Happy new year!

2 Likes

Happy new year all

2 Likes

Happy new year everybody! Anyone who reads this is deserving of a happy new year, even you.

3 Likes

Here’s to hoping that 2022 doesn’t end up being 2020 2: Electric Pandemaloo.

6 Likes

new year new tgread?

Coming up on it here. Happy New Year, everyone.

https://twitter.com/skdh/status/1477160490543505408?t=W_tqhjdiBXqsrvSWtHwjDA&s=19

1 Like

I bet this is going to be the best year of the pandemic so far. Optimism!

2 Likes
  • Democrats do something good.
  • Breyer retires.
  • I win the lottery or some other giant prize.

Honestly not sure the bottom one is the least far-fetched.

5 Likes

Happy New Year dear Politics enthusiasts! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t know, boss! I’m so confused anymore!

1 Like

That sentence makes no sense. It is just poor grammar not a question of frequency of use.

I assume it is meant to be I hate this neighbourhood now.

Old tweet but the thread is kinda nuts

https://twitter.com/devansinha/status/1260238148342370304?s=21

Does anyone have any experience selling sports cards? I found a handful of old baseball cards in a box, I think they’re worth around $300 (total), and I want to sell them.

I was thinking the path of least resistance would be to make a Facebook account and sell them through their marketplace.

1 Like

What years are they from?

That’s a hell of a pull of the top of your head!

‘89-‘92 mostly. A bunch of Cal Ripken Jr rookie cards, a Jeter rookie-ish card, a Mickey Mantle card (from ‘92), a Babe card.

2 hockey cards, a Lindros from ‘94 with a $50 sticker on the case and a Roy goalie helmet card from ‘94.

I’m going to do some digging on potential value.

I got a letter from GC Solutions saying I owe the Missouri Dept of Revenue $50k from sales tax back in 2014/15. 99.99% sure it’s a scam but that would suck pretty bad considering I was broke as a joke in 2014 and probably made like 30k total.

1 Like

Ripken rookie is from 82. Jeter could have some value if it’s the right card. But most stuff from that era in baseball is junk. How many cards total are you looking at? If it’s a small number, check eBay sold items for recent sales prices of the cards. Filter for auctions only and look for ungraded cards to compare to.

5 cards confirmed worthless.

HOWEVER

I have two 1991 Donruss Cal Ripken All-Star cards that are missing the dot in “LEAF, INC” on the backside of the card - selling for >$100 on eBay.

What would you do with these cards?