Winter cricket and bridge thread - Held over by popular demand

Ritalin is basically legal speed for me. I take it when I hike for energy. It does help me focus but I feel like a 50s housewife on dexedrine. I don’t think I have a super severe case of ADHD though.

My father in law was a severe alcoholic and he literally could not function without Ritalin. He found some crank doctor who prescribed like a 5x dose, which he took daily until suddenly kneeling over and dying in his late 50s.

Sweet, I can start spending my retirement now.

I only take a half a pill most days at midday - except when I go hiking then I take up to two full pills throughout the day.

So far I haven’t noticed needing more. But then again even a half pill used to be very strong and now it just feels normal.

But also I’m on my 3rd manufacturer now - and they’re all different (despite everyone insisting they’re freaking identical - but yeah we’re supposed to know when govt/corporations are and aren’t lying to us). This brand is probably the weakest yet. I saved the strongest ones for hiking. But they give me an anxiety attack at work.

I think my ADHD is a big part of why I use caffeine as aggressively as I do. I’m glad I don’t take ritalin. That stuff makes me much more productive but much less creative/effective in the long run. It’s the kind of thing that helps me out when I’m in crunch for whatever reason… but one of the great innovations of my 30’s has been being my own boss and planning correctly so that I never ever have to crunch.

Twitter is a joke

https://twitter.com/aubrey_huff/status/1214571848198832128?s=21

Live blogging from Costco for u guys

13 Likes

@bestof

2 Likes

Aubrey Huff was such a key part of the 2010 SF Giants World Series team that it pains me to see he’s a total dumbfuck who managed to cheat his way into having a couple of decent seasons.

Damn. I just finished a 10 day fast. I can’t eat that stuff yet. :cry:

$22/lb!!!

Iberico is $5/oz

Del Taco burritos are $2/lb.

3 Likes

Can you tell he’s divorced?

Is CTE possible in baseball?

1 Like

If I tweeted something like that I’d be divorced asap. Obviously it’d be a deal breaker for me if it wasn’t a deal breaker for her. Holy fuck.

Where is this??? Buying flights shortly

It’s right there on the label, Costco #401 in San Diego.

1 Like

Oh shittt as if I needed another reason to move there

Took me a while to get that one because I thought Aubrey was a woman (sounds like a woman’s name) being sarcastic.

Don’t worry, if they don’t find a forever home they will be able to play with their friends forever at the Rainbow Bridge.

1 Like