What are you listening to

I lived in Asheville, NC for a year and really dig some Bluegrass. I was talking with my fiancée about it and we were able to track it down. Apparently it’s live right now:

Olivia Rodrigo was just a teenager here in 2022, but it seems clear that she’s got the chops.

Bratsch gypsiefying an old Edith Piaf song. Starting out slow, but then picking up the pace, while also developing an almost Dickensian atmosphere. Brilliant.

1 Like

Best music video with less than 1000 clicks imo

1 Like

I still don’t understand why Milli didn’t just say yeah we lip sync like literally every other live act.

2 Likes

The pre-Shaggy era was a simpler time.

1 Like

And I still don’t understand why their Grammy for Best New Artist wasn’t simply transferred to the people who actually sang.

1 Like

An even better point. I’ve never investigated the real singers.

The two main voices are Brad Howell and John Davis.

1 Like

The first tape I ever bought was Milli Vanilli. Someone gave me a Fine Young Cannibals CD for my Bar Mitzvah, but I didn’t have a CD player, so I exchanged it at Sam Goody for Milli Vanilli.

That was a very late 80’s paragraph.

My first CD: Michael Bolton. I celebrate the man’s entire catalogue.

14 Likes

Full Moon Fever

15 Likes

Having watched way too much Behind the Music on VH1, short story is the concert wasn’t the main issue. A few months after when the US album didn’t credit the real singers at all one of them did an interview and then when MV’s contract was coming up that year MV wanted to sing for real and were fired and the guy behind it confessed.

2 Likes