What are you listening to

My first two tapes were the Police, Synchronicity and Judas Priest, British Steel.

I look down on other people’s music.

3 Likes

I remember playing the crap out of my milli vanilli cd during one spring break in south padre.

1 Like

IIRC the guys from Milli Vanilla made an album where they do the actual singing and nobody bought it. Can’t please anyone imo.

Don’t remember my first tape. May not have even ever had a first tape, but first CD was Dookie.

1 Like

First 4 tapes bought together:

Styx - Kilroy was Here
Men at Work
Foreigner’s Greatest Hits
J Geils Band (the one with Freeze Frame and Centerfold on it)

I don’t remember my first CD.

First concert was Ozzy/Motley Crue. Wild times.

2 Likes

last ned

last ned (1)

3 Likes

How can you say something so controversial yet so brave?

1 Like

First as in what you bought with your own pocket money.

My First Recorded Music Medium
  • 78 RPM
  • 45 RPM
  • LP (33 1/3 RPM)
  • 8-Track
  • Cassette
  • CD
  • MP3
  • Streaming
  • Hasn’t been invented yet
0 voters

I assume this means first independently-purchased music medium, is that correct?

My very first CD was given to me by the then hottest bombshell in our country, after her, my brother and me just teamed up in a TV quiz show on national television. It was her own music, she just branched out into the music industry. It was pretty bad.

That year I also made my first music purchase, Metallica’s S&M.

3 Likes

Paula Abdul?

Jennifer Lopez

My first LP. A gift for my 13th b-day.

My first purchases were 6 LP’s from Columbia House for just one penny.

2 Likes

Is a 45 the little record that would have a song on each side? And could it be dawning on me it uses the same tech as a 33, but since its radius is shorter it has more RPMs?

2 Likes

We used to go to licorice pizza and buy I think 79 cent 45 records. Since we mostly only liked one or two songs from a pop artist it made sense. I would buy some cassettes later on, and then got heavily into full cds.

1 Like

Yes. They were also called singles.

1 Like

I am still in possession of multiple CD singles from They Might Be Giants. Not sure I have anywhere to play them, you really need a CD tray.

1 Like

1 Like

My first purchase was the single of Status Quo‘s In the Army Now. I think the first album was Michael Jackson‘s Bad. Was 9 & 10 respectively

1 Like

My first exposure to TMBG was Tiny Toons.

1 Like