UP's Blind Spot for Sexism and Misogyny

yeah that’s absurd. that’s not someone particularly interested in solving either, especially as you describe your interaction. that’s someone who just wants to try to own you in an argument.

Her daughter Zoey Deutch is also an amazing actress. Check her out in two great movies: Buffaloed (Hulu) and Set It Up (Netflix).

I looooooved Lea Thompson in the show Switched at Birth. Along with impeccable acting prowess, she is a terrific singer.

OK, so at least two of us watched the entire show.

In all seriousness, for those of you who post here who are not straight white dudes, many of us really appreciate the perspectives you bring to the table. This is a community of weird obsessive nerds who argle-bargle about politics and Quentin Tarantino movies and shit, idk why you put up with any of us.

10 Likes

Three.

Oh do fuck off with your holier than thou bullshit, whoever you are.

What does this new thread make of this, posted in another thread yesterday?

To me it’s an obvious example of a repetition of a decades old sexist meme that has women being too stupid and/or useless to be allowed to drive.

(I alerted our fearless caped cuseador to it, but strangely for such a self-proclaimed defender of the underdog, he didn’t respond)

I think it’s trying to be that, but it doesn’t really even succeed because it’s too incoherent.

The “At the risk” box also features a classic piece of male condescension totally superfluous to the “gag”.

Heritage, not hate!

You mean like a waitress? Because that’s all they are good for? To serve men?

1 Like

Woof! Woof woof woof woof!

1 Like

3 Likes

And art too. Why does this couple apparently live inside of a formless gray void?

SemiGrunch,
1 dipshit makes 1 comment and we need a new thread for scolding and self-flagellation?

Of course, now I’m the dipshit for pointing it out. C’est la vie.

6 Likes

That is what you took away from that cartoon?

I agree that like almost all comics it is not the least bit funny.

Does this include Mafia and Gangster Docs

Y’all tied it up

Rainforesters 3
CITC. 3

So what’s the verdict if a women calls or refers to another women as a SD?

1 Like