The Television Streaming Thread: Part III

Getting ready for House of the Dragon to start up again.

I remember someone posted a link to some dude (British, I think) on youtube who did some pretty lengthy episode summaries. I was thinking of watching the last couple but I couldn’t find the ones that I watched before. Tried googling and there are like a million of these things, so it’s trying to find a needle in a haystack.

Doesnt alt shift x do prettt good recaps?

1 Like

Yes! That’s the one. Thanks.

2 Likes

Cheers and thanks for reminding me. I didnt want to rewatch S1 but wanted some refreshers. This is perfect

I googled a recap. Then there were some character pages I looked through to understand who the fuck is who

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert:

Had to go back to the part II thread to find any mention of Slow Horses on Apple TV. What a shame. This is the best thing on TV right now afaic.

2 Likes

It’s just a matter of an unfortunate title. People deal with slow ponies enough here on the forum and don’t want to see it in their series.

6 Likes

I started watching Delicious in Dungeon. It’s pretty good so far, but there’s one thing I don’t understand. A couple of episodes have given a nudity content warning at the beginning for no reason. Not sure what I’m missing.

Maybe this is the nudity?

Nobody watching The Bear new season? I exp3cted a lot of chatter. I have not started yet.

Also watching Welcome to Wrexham s3 right now.

We’re still 11 days away from Bear S3.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, I never watched The Bear when I had Hulu.

Did they sneak any of the Shameless actors into any roles or cameos?

I haven’t actually seen Shameless, so The Bear was my first glimpse at Jeremy Allen White. I wouldn’t have been a good one to spot any carryover Easter eggs.

I also have never seen Shameless…but I’ve watched so many short clips from it that play on my feed that I feel like I’ve already watched the series. :grinning:

The first ~4 seasons of Shameless were really really good. I binged those while sick so I was a little out of my mind but those seasons had many instances of deep emotional impact. Then for a while it got bad but had its occasional moments, then was completely bad for the last several seasons, although I still watched it all.

When I first watched The Bear I definitely felt like it was good to see Lip again. No cameos from other Shameless characters.

2 Likes

Yeah Shameless was great, just went way past their expiration date. Going 11-12 seasons or whatever even after losing their main star, I don’t know wtf they were thinking.

1 Like

loved Shameless at first but it grew old and I think I stopped well short of whenever it finished. Maybe made it through season 5 or 6

1 Like

Currently rewatching How I Met Your Mother. I remember it losing it’s luster towards the end but peak HIMYM was pretty damn good. I also expect some things haven’t aged well. Regardless, as I’ve said before, I like to balance my streaming with low stakes easy viewing. It’s good for my soul.

Recently rewatched Spartacus for the 4th time and every time I do I think this might be my favorite show of all time. It’s so damn good.

On the subject of lol max… They aired 6 episodes of a show called The Nevers a few years back and it was really good. They decided to cancel the show and didn’t air the other 6 episodes and wiped it. It’s basically impossible to watch the last 6 episodes of that season anywhere. Wtf. Apparently they sometimes air live on tubi but come on man.

1 Like

Feel free to just not watch the very last episode.

1 Like

Yep it has to be top three all time worst final episodes along with GoT.

1 Like