The Television Streaming Thread: Part III

Been bingeing Succession, finally made it to season four when you know what happens. Man this show is good.

It’s funny to hear Brian Cox doing so many McDonald’s ads lol

3 Likes

6 Likes

Lol!! Yes that too. Completely normal, completely healthy.

3 Likes

Exciting TV week. First three eps of The Boys S4 and S2 of House of the Dragon drops this week

2 Likes

S2 of Dungeon Meshi confirmed! Anyone?

The show has been a bit hit or miss for me, but there’s been a handful of really good episodes. My friends who have read the Manga say the anime has been true to it and it gets better as it goes, so I’m gonna stick with it.

I’m rewatching HotD s1 this week to catch back up. This is another one that’s a bit too much of a slow burn for me as I’m struggling with the rewatch but I’m hoping s2 picks up the pace.

1 Like

Its weird that a season that covers 20 years is a slow burn, but it absolutely is

2 Likes

Goddamn.

Karl Urban and Anthony Starr are just top notch

1 Like

This is really good and chill. The enunciation makes me think this might be an AI voice though.

1 Like

Conversely the kid playing Ryan is really grating to me and ruining every scene he’s in

2 Likes

Season one is really just an eight episode info dump of backstory and two episodes of things really happening.

Do I have to watch Gen V before season 4?

Have to is no, at least so far (episode 2 for me). There are a few references to what happened in Gen V but nothing that will keep you from following what is happening

Its a shame because he is clearly going to play into the endgame.

Its really the only bad casting in the show. They hit another homer with Rosemarie DeWitt as Hughies mom

1 Like

Oh also,

Sage has a much deeper plan than what we see on the surface, right?

How spoiled will I be for Gen V if I watch season 4 first? Is Gen V between 3 and 4 on the timeline?

It is.

Through two episodes I would say there is two spoilers about two plots in Gen V. Both spoilera are passing references that dont really mean a whole lot if you havent seen Gen V

https://x.com/OutOfContxtDubs/status/1801382679675351063

1 Like