The Television Streaming Thread: Part III

98!

4 Likes

OK, Dungeon Meshi has won me over. It’s like what if Dark Souls was a cutesy anime but also a cooking show. On Netflix.

2 Likes

Just started this, good to hear you liked it. Seems wonderfully weird!

2 Likes

Randomly stumbled into Expedition From Hell on Max last night and it fully delivers. Watched the whole 5 hours back to back which is very rare for me these days.

About a IDF guy who leads a really messed up expedition to cross the Amazon rainforest at the equator. Has some good twists and turns.

5 bags.

3 Likes

i am loving Smiling Friends it’s a 5-bagger

the two main characters have great voices and the characters are great, love their interplay. it’s 5 bags i already told you.

we’re still very early, so get in now and be on the ground floor of an all-timer adult animated comedy show. it’s from adult swim but i watched it on Max

1 Like

Watched it, enjoyed it. 7/10 casual fun.

1 Like

I mentioned this upthread a bit ago.

Episode 5 ends on a bit of a blah note, but before that point its just wall to wall craziness.

8/10

2 Likes

My son has been on this for a few years now (I think the guys that made it had a YouTube presence or something). Got my wife and I into it, so we all watch the new episodes together.

1 Like

Pretty crazy reveal here. Arcane will wrap up with S2

Edit: new S2 trailer in there as well. Not sure when the last time I was as hyped for a second season of something.

1 Like

Alright, so everyone out here dropping end dates.

When will Severance let us know they are done after 2?

1 Like

I’m curious if The Boys as a franchise needs The Boys or if Gen V and TB: Mexico will go the distance for several seasons without Homelander in the background.

It seems like you can create a pretty long term universe without the OG. How long has Law and Order been off the air?

1 Like

I agree and have some confidence. Gen V proved it doesn’t need anything but to be set in the same universe. Idk sometimes it’s hard to know what the secret sauce is until it’s gone.

Less than a month (and will be back for at least one more season).

Was off air for about a decade, but came back a few years ago.

1 Like

Ok, I thought it had gone for a bit

Watched RenFaire on Max. Enjoyable way to spend a couple hours.

TB: Mexico ???

1 Like

Yes, it’s been in production since November 2023.

1 Like