The Television Streaming Thread: Part III

I mean, Pat isnt dead, I was thinking more, not active

Iā€™m gonna miss pat too. But i feel like heā€™ll spoil this feeling when he immediately transitions into a right wing podcast host

Especially since heā€™s being replaced by that soulless ryan seacrest. Wheel is gonna suck now

1 Like

WOF should add emojis imo.

Did he know Marion Jones or was that a guess? Or maybe half a guess?

Old J is like watching tennis with wooden rackets. Itā€™s a different sport. A gentlemanly game that no one takes too seriously.

1 Like

When will pat sajak formally endorse donald j trump for President

• This weekend
  • Next week
  • Before october
  • October
0 voters

I was especially confused when I thought you were forecasting a day in advance that he would be dying.

1 Like

https://x.com/JudsonK17/status/1799109102649680089

4 Likes

The Price is Right, Bitch.

2 Likes

So thatā€™s Drew Careyā€™s attempt at excitement. We got less of it here.

(I realize thereā€™s a story as to why, but yeah.)

1 Like

Whatā€™s the story?

Thereā€™s a documentary about it. IIRC, a guy figured out that TPIR has the same prizes on rotation and memorized all of them. Even made a database and computer program to quiz himself.

Met a nice married couple in line for the show and sat next to them in the front row. Husband was chosen as a contestant and looked to the dude for the prices. Went all the way and got the showcase price exactly. Drew Carey and all the people in charge of the show thought they were fucked, that this was about to be a huge cheating scandal.

In the end, everything was ok. TPIR got smarter about the variety of prizes.

4 Likes

Ohhhhh. I saw that doc. Did not realize this was from that debacle.

So Iā€™m never gonna watch the doc, but Iā€™ve got some questions:

1. Did the guy make a deal with the husband and wife to split the prizes somehow?
  2. Donā€™t you auto lose if you go over on your bid? Why not bid just a bit under, just in case?
  3. Is the vid you posted from the situation described in the documentary?
  1. He just really loved the show and wanted to see someone get stuff exactly right. He had previously helped two other people win double showcases prior to the perfect bid situation, and he made friends with the guy on the clip in the audience and prior to the taping. They believed he wouldnt steer them wrong.
  2. Yeah, but he was reallllllllllllllllllly confident. Maybe as the guesser you shave off $100, but they were convinced of his powers when he helped the guy get on stage from contestants row with a perfect bid.
  3. It is. Drew was convinced the guy had cheated and the episode would never air, hence his dismissiveness during the reveal. I understand where he was coming from, but its pretty unprofessional to just not do your job because you have a hunch about something.
2 Likes

I forgot the other lady got so close. What bad luck for her.

Yeah she made an incredible bid. I believe within 500 is a double showcase winner.

It always blows my mind in an amusing & celebratory way that there are people in the world that will go to such lengths.

1 Like

LOLd hard when he shoved the contestant off stage so hard they almost fell over.

1 Like

Hahaha love that whoop whoop