The Television Streaming Thread: Part III

Unfortunately, I never watched The Bear when I had Hulu.

Did they sneak any of the Shameless actors into any roles or cameos?

I haven’t actually seen Shameless, so The Bear was my first glimpse at Jeremy Allen White. I wouldn’t have been a good one to spot any carryover Easter eggs.

I also have never seen Shameless…but I’ve watched so many short clips from it that play on my feed that I feel like I’ve already watched the series. :grinning:

The first ~4 seasons of Shameless were really really good. I binged those while sick so I was a little out of my mind but those seasons had many instances of deep emotional impact. Then for a while it got bad but had its occasional moments, then was completely bad for the last several seasons, although I still watched it all.

When I first watched The Bear I definitely felt like it was good to see Lip again. No cameos from other Shameless characters.

2 Likes

Yeah Shameless was great, just went way past their expiration date. Going 11-12 seasons or whatever even after losing their main star, I don’t know wtf they were thinking.

1 Like

loved Shameless at first but it grew old and I think I stopped well short of whenever it finished. Maybe made it through season 5 or 6

1 Like

Currently rewatching How I Met Your Mother. I remember it losing it’s luster towards the end but peak HIMYM was pretty damn good. I also expect some things haven’t aged well. Regardless, as I’ve said before, I like to balance my streaming with low stakes easy viewing. It’s good for my soul.

Recently rewatched Spartacus for the 4th time and every time I do I think this might be my favorite show of all time. It’s so damn good.

On the subject of lol max… They aired 6 episodes of a show called The Nevers a few years back and it was really good. They decided to cancel the show and didn’t air the other 6 episodes and wiped it. It’s basically impossible to watch the last 6 episodes of that season anywhere. Wtf. Apparently they sometimes air live on tubi but come on man.

1 Like

Feel free to just not watch the very last episode.

1 Like

Yep it has to be top three all time worst final episodes along with GoT.

1 Like

I think the last episode of the long running Poirot series with David Suchet was very bad. But that wasn’t exactly a regular TV show, and it probably had more to do with Christie hating the character than anything else.

Just hit the Robin Sparkles/Slap Bet episode of HIMYM. Now we’re cookin

1 Like

We inadvertently started a bit of a rewatch of Everybody Loves Raymond a few weeks back after one of the cats stepped on the remote and switched it to TV Land. I actually was not a regular viewer when it was on the air for reasons I can’t recall, so most are actually new to me, but even the ones I’ve seen are still just funny as shit. It may be the perfect sitcom. Everyone on that show is just naturally hilarious. Peter Boyle, Doris Roberts, and Brad Garrett just chew through scene after scene, and I find myself belly-laughing multiple times per ep.

1 Like

You crazy, that episode was incredible.

I just quoted this today:

2 Likes

One time my wife was needling me and said that other doctors get trophy wives, and all she got was a participation trophy husband.

That’s so good I can’t even be mad.

4 Likes

Any Top Boy fans here? Been putting it off for a while because I had struggled to get through the first episode a couple of times but it is one of those highly rated IMDB tv shows that i haven’t watched yet and at 5 seasons (and complete I think) is very valuable if I can get into it. Finally I think made it over the hump on it and it is very good imo. British crime/drug trade show. About to finish S1 and I would guess I will fire through the rest of it in the next couple of weeks.

Yeah I just caught up and it’s great. Although I know the guy that played Firecracker’s gopher (the clone guy) so that was pretty jarring.

I do think that having seen Gen V is a good thing at this stage and will probably become more true as the season goes on.

I watched it and was a big fan but because of Netflix’s brillant naming i apparently started at season 3. Still haven’t gone back and watched the 2 seasons that they call Top Boy Summerhouse.

Oh no am I on S3? There are 4 more seasons after the one I am on.

Are you watching it on Netflix? On there Top Boy Summerhouse = S1 and S2 then the show just called Top Boy is S3, 4 and 5.