The Supreme Court: RIP Literally Everything

For now. I assume if Grandpa Joe gets prosecuted by Orange Man’s DOJ, SCOTUS will have a very different view of the whole situation.

1 Like

Ahh the everything is fine crew has gotten their marching orders on how to handwave this away I see.

It’s literal Qanon level at this point. No matter what happens and doesn’t happen iron and crew will simply move on to the next goalpost arguing that will be the one that matters while forgetting the last couple hundred examples of how there will never be consequences.

4 Likes

It’s the wrong trial. He’s not going to get anything more than a fine even if convicted. The ultimate crimes of trying to overturn an election and the classified documents case are delayed indefinitely, which means he’s got a greater shot at winning in 2024

It’s just so insane you couldn’t make up something so ridiculous if you wanted to. Trump is basically saying that the guy he’s running against in November does not have to peacefully cede power and can do a coup or even assassinate Trump himself and not get in any trouble for it

I’m not remotely convinced we are out of the woods if Biden wins.

What is your definition of “out of the woods”?

This most naive moron on earth roll play is getting really old.

2 Likes

It’s not nearly as old as the cynical, nihilistic, jerk play you and a few others can’t resist yourselves typing into windows when you should just chuckle to yourselves and move on

6 Likes

You were begging me to do a bet a month ago you would now be drawing dead on.

IDK. For us to still be in the woods there need to be an offramp/heir apparent. Think of “people really popular with Trump”, who could lead them when he’s gone/be an actual political figure capable of campaigning? …Rogan? That’s all I got, and he’s like 5’6". Carlson a year ago maybe now no chance.

I’ll feel 1000% better than I do now that’s for sure

1 Like

Yes, clearly without Trump, MAGA will no longer have sway over the Republican Party, people like the House Freedom Caucus will never influence policy again, and right-wingers will never commit acts of stochastic domestic terrorism.

What in gods name are you hallucinating?

2 Likes

Glad I didn’t make that bet. Still happy to bet on actual consequences though. That is still close to drawing dead.

Turns out he wasn’t really hallucinating, was he?

1 Like

Well we were taking about consequences not trials but he was right I had forgotten that discussion. My bad.

That said, this trial is making it even more clear he is never ever facing any actual consequences. Not to mention this weeks SCOTUS bullshit.

sigh, just for the record. What is an “actual consequence?”

Yesterday you listed being made of fun of on late night tv as real consequence for Trump’s list of crimes, which include an insurrection. We simply don’t live in the same world on this issue so there isn’t much value in further discussion. We will just have to agree to disagree. Cheers.

3 Likes

Going to jail for crimes

Being unable to run for president for said crimes

4 Likes