The Presidency of the Joes, part II: lol documents

Iron seems completely unobjectionable to me. Often wrong, sure. But totally fine as a poster, imo.

1 Like

@iron81 is such a great guy, IMO, he makes me hate centrists less. In case itā€™s not clear, this a (rare for me, lol) completely unironic statement.

2 Likes

lol. That is called a ā€œleft-handed compliment.ā€

1 Like

Dianne Feinsteinā€™s daughter turned 65 today.

13 Likes

Iā€™m confused as to what you mean. Are you asking why mention a poster when responding to their post?

I donā€™t think heā€™s an asshole but I do think heā€™s been treated a lot differently since he decided a bunch of us have a mental illness that he invented, and the dunks have gotten way more frequent since he ramped up the trolling.

I donā€™t dislike him or anything, I just think heā€™s extremely wrong and extremely fervent in his wrongness, but heā€™s wrong about political strategy so itā€™s not an indictment of his character or anything.

Maybe she can run for President in 2036.

7 Likes

Whatā€™s the mental illness and is there a diagnostic test I can take?

Social Media Brainā„¢

1 Like

@discobot fortune

Do I have Social Media Brainā„¢?

1 Like

:crystal_ball: Reply hazy, try again

3 Likes

@discobot fortune

Do I have Social Media Brainā„¢?

:crystal_ball: Donā€™t count on it

3 Likes

Iron81 is the poster and voter we deserve. Live iron81. Breathe iron81. Embrace iron81.

Wait, youā€™re actually being serious?

Youā€™re equating ā€œsocial media brainā€ with being accused of having mental illness?

Thatā€™s an insult to people who actually have mental illness.

You guys have been treating him like shit for years now and your justification is an expression that he broke out a couple of months ago? That is some disingenuous, petty bullshit.

And I agree with him. Some of you are absolutely consumed with the cheap, ephemeral politics of twitter. You take the worst examples of people and assign that to groups at large.

Itā€™s very similar to judgemental, religious types but instead of saying what you believe in, you just let the algorithms collect all the most egregious behaviors and and thatā€™s what you donā€™t believe in.

This means you can never really be wrong. No mistakes admitted. You have on your ā€œSunday bestā€ in perpetuity.

Claiming he actually accused people of being mentally ill is some low shit.

But, hey, at least you got some ā€œdunksā€ in right?

8 Likes

Itā€™s more the modern equivalent of ā€œall of my friends believe X, therefore anyone who disagrees is crazy/trollingā€. Or appealing to common sense.

1 Like

LOL

https://twitter.com/jmartnyt/status/1554072313435414529?s=21&t=tl-gR3EIAeCY95_ZPNdo_Q

China has been playing a long game politically while LOLUSA thought it was economic.

so is Nancy going to taiwan good or bad

Depends on how many insider trading hot tips she can find when sheā€™s there.

3 Likes

FWIW I thought one of the few good things TRUMP did in those early days (I donā€™t remember if this was right after the election or just after being sworn in) was taking the phone call from Taiwanā€™s president.