The Presidency of the Joes, part II: lol documents

I end discussion when it’s clear the other party is not interested in actual debate.

Layout your actual plan then. What is it the “non-elites” should do right now?

I must have missed where you laid out a plan.

I just got tired of the piling on. It’s a double standard. Did anyone get piled on for predicting that this SC would nullify the election?

Insert someone posting that they still might. Of course. But the point still stands that the double standard is acceptable if you error on the side of cynicism. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that one of the least pessimistic posters here is the only one with a direct connection to politics.

4 Likes

Clyburn! And Nikki Haley. This is NAKED FUCKING CORRUPTION JESUS FUCKING CHRIST

At a minimum, trying is Constitutional. It’s up to SCOTUS to decide. Checks and balances. So even in some kind of alternate reality where respecting all the norms is the right play, it’s still fine to try. And again keeping the issue front and center is good politics. Make SCOTUS say women don’t get equal rights.

He’s trolling for reactions, but he genuinely believes his position.

1 Like

I agree.

What reason is there to ever mentions someone’s name instead of arguing the ideas being discussed?

Personally, I think message boards have rendered the term useless. It’s just a populist appeal to score points.

3 Likes

The best way to wage politics is to be personal and on the offensive. That’s how you win internet fights and sometimes RL political fights. It’s just that I view governing as not being totally overlapping with politics.

Nobody “wins” internet fights.

iron has a very consistent and perfectly ordinary political perspective. It’s pretty absurd to suggest that he’s trolling and very rude to consistently talk about him like he’s not right here and he’s essentially never rude or insulting to anyone ever. Your impulse to defend someone who is consistently attacked by many posters and almost never defended is very leftist - in the way I look at left-right anyway.

10 Likes

3 Likes

I’m sure glad I voted for that guy. Can you imagine the alternative?

2 Likes

Allying with Stalin to overthrow Hitler was also an easy and correct choice.

You win internet fights by frustrating your opponent to the point that they keep their opinions to themselves. Most people find being disagreed with unpleasant.

Iron is one of the few people I’ve met IRL here multiple times and seems to be genuine to me.

1 Like

I have never seen him be an asshole.

He is wrong but perfectly respectful about it.

lol

4 Likes

Considering how often people go for dunks on him and how relatively infrequently he responds to them he’s pretty nice and respectful. He’s a lot like Keeed in that regard.

1 Like

Look, we’re trying to encourage people to be nice to @iron81 not throw around personal insults like this.

15 Likes

Thatsbait.gif