The Presidency of the Joes, part II: lol documents

The message from Dems is clearly we are going to win suburban swing voters, progressives are not needed this fall. I am choosing to hear their message.

1 Like

To be clear, I’m talking about the pros and cons of doing this weird angleshoot as compared to actually going all out to pass legislation that expressly legalizes abortion, which is clearly the better play. I’m not advocating doing nothing.

1 Like

Why not both…

You sir, have clearly never worked for a government agency with union rules.

The workers would all be planned parenthood. They’re just being allowed the use of the space.

Nah, assuming the abortion providers all became federal employees, the state wouldn’t have jurisdiction to prosecute. I mean, lol law and the Supreme Court so i guess I cant say anything like that super confidently anymore.

Yeah, the White House also indicated that prosecution was likely even though there appears to be a jurisdictional bar :man_shrugging:

And who is responsible for securing that space? Are they union employees? What about the maintenance? Also union employees. Maybe that space is supposed to use union secretaries for any office work. Maybe that space is supposed to use union nurses for any medical work.

1 Like

Well, let me know when you’ve learned the answers to these things. Like I said, I spent about 10s cooking this up. Someone more knowledgeable could figure out the details, I think.

As far as security (I assume you mean against protestors and other crazies), I’m sure the commander and chief can order up some for the times when it’s needed.

The issue is that union contracts mean that you generally can’t use non union labor in places where there traditionally would be union labor. It’s not as simple as just “using the space.”

I agree that could be a problem. Sounds like neither of us knows which VA employees are union and what the union contract stipulates.

I’m pretty sure (but not 100% sure) that VA docs aren’t union and they work there. So at least having a non-union doc “work” at a VA hospital is possible. A doc on their own could probably provide some smaller number of abortions.

Nice to see which posters here would instantly turn over Jews or Slaves to the government because IT’S THE LAW.

1 Like

I’m quite confident that Dems doing anything legal or not to fight for abortion rights will do more to increase turnout of their base than it will to galvanize the GOP. Forcing 10 year olds to have babies is not actually a winning issue.

1 Like

They were no angels, IMO.

Hey I agree this is bad but let’s not break any norms the way these Nazis are doing

2 Likes

Yeah I mean has anyone asked yet what the 10 year old was wearing? Let’s get to the bottom of this.

2 Likes

Federal govt hires plenty of non-union contractors to work in federal buildings, what are we even talking about here.

1 Like

I don’t know, ask @j8i3h289dn3x7

What started as a plithy response about someone having not worked in government not understanding how everything you try to do in government is impossible because of bureaucracy turned into a discussion of some of the reasons why that is? I wasn’t intimating that it’s impossible, just that it’s not particularly simple.

Who hasn’t worked in government, now?