The Presidency of the Joes: more like INFRASTRUCTURE WEAK

House majority is now at 2. If you thought the senate margin was fun.

Yeah but it’s going to bump back to 3 pretty soon. Although, yes, the house majority doesn’t get nearly enough attention.

Wtf what happened? I thought it was like 10 after the election?

Man we’re so fucked lol. Even if we keep the Senate in 2022 were going to lose the house to redistricting alone

someone just died, 2 joined biden’s staff, IA race ended up wrong way on the flip, haaland/fudge went into the cabinet. The R who died in december seat has now been filled I think.

Some special elections to go to fill some of those seats but gonna be thin for a bit. R’s have one for may 1st.

Wtf why are they putting house members in the admin if it’s this close.

You might want to sit down because this may shock and disturb you: Dems are actually not very good at political tactics.

12 Likes

Biden literally got 0 votes for 1st 2nd or 3rd choice back when we did a presidential primary poll

5 Likes

My big fear, given this is the worst timeline, is Manchin dies

1 Like

And warren won. Wow.

https://twitter.com/jmartnyt/status/1379947401864183808?s=21

JLawOK

Here’s one a few months later that was solid Bernie

Biden did manage one second place vote in that one!

Just imagine its Susan Collins and you’ll feel better about this nonsense

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/1379948955862196230?s=21

3 Likes

Still why are they backing themselves into a corner with this absolutist talk? I really don’t think voting rights is going to happen.

They really should have done hr1 first and dangled infrastructure in front of them because that’s obviously super important to both.

Dems are going to fuck this up.

1 Like

Iirc Susan Collins never said absolute shit like this. She was always concerned, always left herself wiggle room.

I know manchin already proposed a talking filibuster so I could see him moving back but manchin now gives cinema cover too so it’s not just her.

Lol, that was me! Still voted for Bernie first though. Biden second was a pure “second most likely to beat Trump after Bernie” vote at the time.

2 Likes

Manchin wants people like us to hate him and be very vocal about it. The dude is a GOAT level politician. Imagine me trying to get elected to the Senate in Mississippi - what he’s done is even more impressive than that. And he always ends up voting with team blue. Spend your time worrying about the insane lady out west.

2 Likes

Lol. You guys are right Joe Manchin and he is not going to endlessly fuck stuff up as the democrats try to pander to his stupid butt instead of squeezing hid balls.

The dude is a menace. And democrats keep allowing him to be so.

I mean, he is a very cool guy who is highly principled and fully grasps the magnitude of the situation and his actions.

I think that straightforward explanation is most likely the correct one. Manchin will provide one of 50 votes on reconciliation bills after some drama and support three this year given the parliamentarian approved it, but will not support ending the filibuster. Dems will try and use HR1 to drive midterm turnout for House and Senate races

I don’t think manchin would be the lone hold out, but he and cinema give each other cover.

They really needed to dangle infrastructure and other stuff to pressure them. We know Joe and the Dems are weak, we saw it with the 15 min wage.

It could get done but these fucks are gonna mess it up

He’s already said he’s open to reforming the filibuster, he’s just getting attention in a politically advantageous way in WV. Nobody actually GAF about procedure in the real world, he’s just getting free maverick cred. He’s our Susan Collins, stop worrying about him.