The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Old man yells at cloud, presidential edition.

Yeah I mean as a journalist I always lol at “you’d have to ask XYZ,” when XYZ is never going to be authorized to speak. Am I supposed to break into Walter Reed, abduct a nurse and waterboard her? Lol just say “Fuck you I ain’t telling!”

But yeah obviously he knows everything they’ve done to POTUS within minutes.

1 Like

No, he said he lied about the president receiving oxygen on Friday because he wanted to maintain an upbeat attitude and not say anything that might change the course of the illness.

He also said your thing, but MSNBC just played the clip of him saying he withheld information to prevent a change in the course of the illness.

I guess the optimistic takeaway here is that Regeneron + steroids + remdesivir leads to good outcomes?

Here’s some example language for them:

8 Likes

My only takeaway is that if the administration is telling the truth it is only because the truth happens to be the best case spin they can put on what we actually know.

4 Likes

I don’t think it is true in this case. Normally doctors are seeing multiple patients, so it would not be odd they wouldn’t know everything a patient has been given.

Here the doctor has one patient. While he may not have authorized the oxygen, it would be on the chart, and I don’t see how he isn’t reading every item on the chart - it’s not like he has other patients to treat.

2 Likes

Nice to see you keeping your average up.

He also let out that that it’s possible to “steer the course of illness in another direction”. Bet the family members of the +200k dead are super pissed they kept that a secret

1 Like

That explanation makes no sense. I get being upbeat for the sake of a patient, but here Trump knows he took the oxygen, so confirming a fact that Trump already knows isn’t going to change the course of the illness in any way.

Only thing I could think of is he wanted an easy way to resize the image…?

Maybe raising his stress would be dangerous. Or maybe they’re concerned Trump will decline o2 in the future if the public knows about it because he’s a big strong man.

1 Like

You can’t leave out variables

2 Likes

Meh, that’s a jman level Vince meme.

10 Likes

Oh, this makes me ache in nostalgia for the FlyWf (sp?) posts about this expression and the way right-wingers misunderstood and misapplied it. Sigh, sometimes I miss Fly, though this probably isn’t the right venue for him.

1 Like

I’m wondering what they mean by expected changes on CT. There’s mild ones and severe ones. I want to know how bad.

This is fantastic.

@bestof imo

Yeah, this would have been a good follow up.

“How could you not know? Are you too busy doing something else other than overseeing the President’s care?”

1 Like

Didn’t see today’s, but this was my impression from yesterday.

The dude just seems not that bright. Sure, getting in front of reporters and answering some questions is not in his wheelhouse, but it seemed even more incoherent than expected.

If he was my doctor, I’d probably try to get a different one.

3 Likes

1 Like

lol yes this!!!

I mean I’ve never really bought into the whole “DOs aren’t real doctors” crap as it sounds an awful lot like the same sort of prestige whoring I used to see on law school message boards when I was applying…but this guy isn’t doing the stereotype any fking favors.

1 Like