The National Football League

I think he’s better, but it’s closer-- I didn’t think Burrow was as amazing a prospect as a lot of people seemed to, but he’s solid. I also don’t think Jones is very good; he’s got scattershot accuracy and very poor ability to sense the rush.

Lawrence might well be the best prospect since Luck. I mean, who was the last guy who took over from an established starter as a true freshman and lit it up? Lamar Jackson? Lawrence is just an outstanding passer to all levels of the field, really isn’t anything he doesn’t do well.

lol, real Saturday night posting here

1 Like

OBJ donezo torn ACL

lol - the Bears are the #1 seed in the NFC right now.

https://thespun.com/nfl/nfc-east/dallas-cowboys/former-cowboys-player-believes-team-has-quit-on-mike-mccarthy

No one could have predicted this.

lolololololololol:

https://twitter.com/SlaterNFL/status/1318602459300974595?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1318602459300974595|twgr^share_3%2Ccontainerclick_1&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fthespun.com%2Fnfl%2Fnfc-east%2Fdallas-cowboys%2Fformer-cowboys-player-believes-team-has-quit-on-mike-mccarthy

Kind of feel bad ribbing my Cowboy’s fan buddy who was kind of optimistic about Mike being hired. I told him at the time. He was told. But no team deserves Fat Mike as a coach. I mean maybe the Redskins.

1 Like

And the Washington’s dropped from 2nd to 9th in draft order with their win over Dallas yesterday

Fat Mike will always have that RANG can’t nobody take that away!!

It’s galling to think a trash coach like that has one while guys like Marv Levy and Paul Brown and Dan Reeves never got one.

1 Like

Someone ‘lost’ 997k by moving from 1st to whatever because they changed this from a sack to a non-sack after the game. He had a unique lineup with the Bears D in a tournament with 176,000 entries that was in first place (million bucks to first).

https://twitter.com/JustinFreeman18/status/1320936965865431040

This was a sack

3 ladies were going to split one million on Fox’s app if the Seahawks won by 1-3, so that game tying kick by Gonzalez was rough.

Edited to reflect that I was following the story on the app and the news story I just read said they were ladies.

At least he’s taking it well (thats the guy that got screwed out of 997k by the late stat change)

1 Like

This is why I don’t think GPP sweats are that good. I’ve been on both sides of it and the losing side is way worse and happens far more often. I had a significant swap with a milly winner and it was fairly uneventful because we knew to sit tight and fade stats corrections for hours. On the other hand, I lost $44k last year when I couldn’t get the site to reload fast enough on a scratch announced just before lock. Still on life tilt over that.

that’s weak sauce. you gotta take the pain.

I’ve taken enough pain. It was way better posting infinite NFL $109 H2Hs and having all of them taken by complete donks. I mean that’s basically what has to happen in a simplistic game with insane rake. DFS GPP pro is now as equally implausible as live MTT pro imo. If people still want to put up millions at astronomical variance for 6% ROI that’s their prerogative I guess but I’m out.

Had this inside the two-minute warning in the last game a few years ago. Lost it on a terrible replay review where a catch != catch. The sweats are legit awful.

ddd

I get it man, I’m half-joking. But that is what I play for. Pain and a dream. If you aim to make a steady living playing DFS then obviously play $100 hu with donks if those still exists.

They don’t exist anymore. I put feelers out in NFL Week 1 H2Hs at various buyin levels and all of them were taken by unknown accounts with optimal-ish lineups. Obviously I get playing the big events as a sports lottery because I’m doing that too but I’m pretty much finished grinding.

So Trevor stays in school, earns a ~million dollars less over his lifetime as a result, and goes to the Jest a year later anyway. Solid plan :+1:

Cowturd says the Jest have 11 draft picks next year, not counting whatever they will get in exchange for Darnold.

It’s amazing how insanely hard it is to make any sort of big money in a DFS contest. I play one contest per week (sometimes I’ll do a 50/50, too), usually just for $3. Just a fun sweat. Do some quick research and throw a team together. This was probably the best I’ve ever done - nailed pretty much everything except defense (Kamara didn’t give me great points/$, but it was still 22.80 points) and I STILL only came in 2,842nd out of 550,000. I mean, that’s awesome, but it still only won me $25 on my $3 buy-in (great ROI, obviously):

1 Like