The Future Non-Presidency of Ronald Dion DeSantis

To each their own, but I would never shop at a Publix and support a mega conservative donor.

https://amp.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/state-politics/article270342927.html

The above article says Publix is distancing itself… But the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree imo

Since news broke of Fancelli’s involvement in funding the Jan. 6 rally, Publix has distanced itself from the heiress, writing in previous statements that Fancelli “is not an employee of Publix Super Markets, and is neither involved in our business operations, nor does she represent the company in any way.”

1 Like

In Vegas it’s kinda sad, at least around me. I feel bad for those without a vehicle I live in a gated townhouse community near University Center and Twain. I bought back in 2019. The closest walking grocery is a ancient VON’s on Maryland/Twain. The selection there is poor for proteins. Buying steaks there is a laughable experience unless you like thin cuts. Far closer are at least 4 7-11’s to gouge the low income locals. There’s an Albertson’s on Maryland/Flamingo that is a bit better. And a Smiths on Maryland/Sahara that I go to only if I am lifting across the street at LVAC. Otherwise I go to the Smiths on DI/Decatur. I buy most of my protein at Costco in Henderson. It’s often cheaper and way better meat. I have to get away from my direct area if I want to find better proteins and a properly staffed Albertons/Smiths. Oh yeah F publix I guess (Although I have two cousin’s who are in management in the Orlando Area. Both Liberal).

1 Like

Pasadena is getting an Erewhon! Can’t wait to never shop there!

1 Like

I’ve been eating better since moving from suburban NH to N. Virginia, since from my apartment I can walk to:

Whole Foods, Trader Joe’s, and a Spanish market/butcher, while being a short drive from a Giant and a 7 minute drive from an H-Mart.

2 Likes
1 Like

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: What Happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas. Except Threesomes.

Mergers and aidsquisitions jk

We should consume far less period. Insurance, auto… all sorts of shit. Work locally somehow

1 Like

Publix subs are better than any chain sub I have had, real talk, except perhaps the Engineer fully involved at Firehouse, which is incredible. If you have not tried it, the chicken tender sub is just god damn amazing. They put like an entire chicken worth of, well, chicken on the damn thing, before you get any extras. When I’ve shopped there I just got the awesome honey mustard, no other condiments necessary, plus lettuce and tomato.

Yes it sucks bad, I agree. However, I do not fault them that much for donating to Republicans because, after all, Democrats have not held any power AT ALL in Florida since legit before the turn of the century. Who else are they gonna donate to? What pisses me most about them is that they are union busting shitbags.

Pro move is to get the associate to hollow out the bread like a little canoe. Makes the chicken tender sub experience even better.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, the chicken tender sub is my sub of choice at Publix. I go simple - a little mayo to counteract potential dryness in the chicken, cheese sometimes, and lettuce.

During football season, they have the Atlanta Falcons sub. Chicken tender sub with bacon, mango peach preserves, and sriracha mayo.

1 Like

Publix meats are 2.5x to 5x the Spanish produce market.

Sounds awful, imo.

1 Like

We should start referring to meat+ sweet as “The Melkerson Trigger.”

4 Likes

suckin’ on cho cho dog

Mm hmm

1 Like

It might just be peach preserves, but either way, I’ve had it and it’s good. I probably prefer a “regular” chicken finger sub as I like simplicity, but I wouldn’t kick the Falcons sub out of bed.

People with any sense are already leaving that fucking disgraced shithole. Fuck em.

1 Like

Relax. Dissent as best you can

They’re not tracking any of this bs in large volume or identifying it as dangerous.

Trump’s outfit would be too dumb

Free speech lol for whatever it’s worth