The Crapto Thread

:vince1:

I mean, forget about investment protections, isn’t this just straight-up fraud? Seems like the kind of thing people theoretically go to jail for.

3 Likes

The link says USD (“cash”) there is FDIC protected. May or may not be true, but they’re definitely making a distinction between that and their crypto deposits.

You claim you’re FDIC backed, the government says you’re not. I mean, who’s to say?

3 Likes

The FDIC is “probing” them now, after the bankruptcy, after they make the FDIC look stupid.

Seriously. Banks paying .1% but sure your 20% interest crypto deposit is totally legit. Fuck off you deserve to go broke. And the fraudster assholes running that shit should go to jail. They won’t.

1 Like

1 Like

Just saying, I bought some BTC on June 26. Didn’t want to tip everyone off that the dip is over, but now you know.

2 Likes

I think it is what it is at that point if you’re still willing to throw money at an “investment” that’s specifically been labeled as a “joke” and a “scam” It’s really just the Pai Gow table of a post covid world. Nobody was actually intrigued with the untapped potential of Whoppercoin.

Stunning that the guy cashing in on the bank racket sees it this way. Maybe, just maybe, have a bit of introspection that commercial banks have been a giant leech on everyone and you are suckling on that tit my man.

2 Likes

:vince1:

2 Likes

Man, I just hate this. Lots of people bought into Whoppercoin because there’s a massive industry of sophisticated scams aimed at getting people interested in Whoppercoin. It’s like, fuck you if you’re dumber than me, you deserve to lose all.

Not sure which level from 0-2 this is on but this is a terrible post.

Never heard of “whoppercoin” but regardless of what it is if you lost it all that’s either on you or on our broken education or media systems. Like no they don’t deserve to lose it all but blaming whopper coin is hilariously dumb. It’s a symptom of the actual problems.

I don’t even care enough to find out if whopper coin is real. My argument holds for pretty much all crypto shit. And also all traditional shit also.

The people fist pumping how smart they are to just fire their entire net worth into the us hellscape economy via the S&P 500 are fucking every bit as delusional if not more so. The ones aware of it enough to spend 60 hours a week linking tweets and news sources here who are still thinking firing their entire net worth into us index stonks when they know the system is irreparably broken are really hilarious.

2 Likes

it’s insulting because if some idiot put 90% of their life savings into peloton stock, is that a problem that anyone thinks needs to be addressed at all? but equally dumb investment + crypto connection = clickbait for angerbears

1 Like

FYP

2 Likes

Ha yeah, the 8% is generous, the people who are financially literate enough to know that your best bet is to be parking your money in low fee index funds are already in the top percentage of wage earners anyway.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/opinion/status/1544918446709870593?s=20&t=Au5PcbNVIug86Ap1MiJVkg

‘You didn’t deserve to get robbed but blaming the thief is stupid’ is just orders of magnitude more stupid than @Trolly post. Jfc guys the crypto libertarian bro brainworms are fucking your shit up. When you’re thinking dumb people deserve to get scammed you’re the fucking leech on society. Calm tf down for a second and consider the assholes this is turning you guys into.

1 Like

There have been several people ITT who I’ve never seen get into heated arguments or make angry posts, in years of posting together, who have finally lashed out in recent months, and it is almost always directed at one particular person. I’m thinking maybe it’s not them who are the assholes.

2 Likes