The Crapto Thread

Or maybe they joined the white upper class millennial version of an mlm.

1 Like

:vince1:

:vince2:

Maybe weā€™re awfully sick and tired of broad brush straw man attacks that ignore anything and everything we say as individuals. For example, like saying a bunch of people are in the equivalent of a MLM when you couldnā€™t accurately describe their actual opinions if your life depended on it.

This is a very small community, and itā€™s pretty shitty behavior to spitefully and contemptuously insult a significant portion of it without even having the decency to directly address the people you are insulting.

5 Likes

Only 200 more posts to go before we can shut this whole thing down! Letā€™s see some more :vince: posting!

1 Like

:coolbiden:

Yes? At least, I donā€™t think someoneā€™s grandma deserves to loose all her money because Jim Cramer duped her into making terrible investments. If Peleton tells people their stock is backed by the FDIC, they should be prosecuted. There are a lot of regular shmucks out there who werenā€™t given any education in financial literacy, they donā€™t deserve to get tossed in the street.

JFC, Iā€™m ducking out of this thread for a bit but some of you have become so fucking uptight itā€™s absurd. Look at these personal attacks over the mildest imaginable criticism.

6 Likes

Probably a good decision. This is the wild west. Begging people not to self-ban probably more your posting speed.

1 Like

:vince3:

You guys are never going to agree on anything in this space. Maybe lay off the ā€œfuck youā€s and personal attacks.

4 Likes

Iā€™mā€¦posting articles about stuff thatā€™s actually happening and noting that 20% interest rates on ā€œdepositsā€ are obviously scams. The response has been, well, flat out unhinged.

5 Likes

Youā€™re doing exactly what you and many others have complained about churchill doing in the COVID thread, for example. Iā€™m pretty sure you yourself banned him for that! (Actually, what youā€™re doing in this thread is worse because churchill would usually try to engage when people would respond to his articles, rather than just dropping intentionally inflammatory stuff and disappearing until the next day.)

Fuck off with this ā€œwoe is me, Iā€™m just posting articles, why is everyone so unhingedā€ bullshit. You have missed the crypto boat for ten years and are posting these articles so you can feel some sort of smug superiority over everyone who has gotten involved in crypto.

16 Likes

Plus some of the articles Church posted were ahead of the curve and turned out to be true and helpful. I canā€™t see how any of these crypto hating posts do anything except foster bad feelings.

What do you think of the resiliency of the BTC price over the past few weeks despite all the issues with these lending companies / hedge funds?

Youā€™re talking about a market where wash trading is 100% legal/standard, so the real question is how big of a position you could actually close in this market at a given price.

Thereā€™s pretty obviously a pretty big incentive to support prices at these levels for the whales that still have huge crypto holdingsā€¦ letting it all go would make their positions worthless.

So the question is how much real money are they going to be willing to part with to cash out normies with cold feet so that they can get another bite at the apple (which is selling something that produces no tangible value for enormous sums of money to middle class+ white people for another boom cycle).

Weā€™ll see I guess. What wonā€™t be working on me basically ever is bullish arguments based on price. The crypto markets might be the most manipulated markets on the face of the earth right now.

1 Like

A laughable attempt at rewriting Churchillā€™s behavior is hereā€¦ for some reason.

1 Like

Would you like some help understanding why?

An honest and informed explanation would be great, but I have zero expectation of that so Iā€™ll pass. Churchill trolled people about not being able to vaccinate their family and posted straight up anti vaccine propaganda. Same thing Iā€™m sure to you as itā€™s a convenient attack.

1 Like

1 Like

Shockingly I disagree with your assessment, so I wonā€™t bother.