Technical Problems

In the Rupar thread, the tweets from 22 minutes ago aren’t showing but the one from 6 minutes ago did.

Don’t know if this helps solve the problem at all.

Sounds good. Let’s see anything changes when they’re off and then we can see if we want to try reintroducing them in order of importance or something

Once a tweet fails it will fail for some time. Same goes for if a tweet works. Not sure how long before the onebox cache clears. It doesn’t seem to be a configurable setting from what I can tell.

1 Like

Every day many thousands of developers make requests to the Twitter API. To help manage the sheer volume of these requests, limits are placed on the number of requests that can be made. These limits help us provide the reliable and scalable API that our developer community relies on.

The maximum number of requests that are allowed is based on a time interval, some specified period or window of time. The most common request limit interval is fifteen minutes. If an endpoint has a rate limit of 900 requests/15-minutes, then up to 900 requests over any 15-minute interval is allowed.

Does each page load count as a request? No way we’re posting 900 tweets in 15 minutes, but it’s also broken down further in to other stuff so maybe we’re maxing out there?

Does twitter have a naughty category where it knocks us down even further?

I doubt it, Unstuck is caching them, should only hit Twitter once per post.
Per app limit is 300 per 15 minutes.

Given that it seems to be working again, I suspect you guys are right that it was bouncing us because of too much traffic right after the reboot (still unsure what was wrong before that). How that happened – OK so I thought it would be a good idea to rebake the last couple days of twitter posts so they would display properly. Got us barred for a few hours and didn’t even work.

Alright I will unban AOC tomorrow if tweets are still working okay, which it seems they will, and the bots should be fine.

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1427326396490305542

1 Like

Looks like it’s all good now

1 Like

dont know where else to post this, but was this site hard down at several points tonight why? @olink @anon46587892

Everything on DO was out

1 Like

4 Likes

for anyone that found their theme is suddenly gone:

WHERE IS MY SIDEBAR!!! WHO MOVED MY CHEESE!!!

:vince: is dead too

we flew too close to the sun

Explosive developments. Vince is collateral damage.

Lol I nuked that whole subforum from orbit a long time ago. Most toxic place on the interwebs.

True, but ggoreo is pissed. Meb followed through on his 10 year bans.

JFC this place.

I know man. Can’t we all just get along?