Technical Problems

Pictures don’t show up for me; not even avatars - known problem? Only my profile header shows up for some reason.

ETA by ggoreo:

We updated from version 2.7 to 2.8

• images aren’t showing up

• Themes are all back now. You may need to refresh, and then you can add them from the hamburger menu.

• Sidebar is gone, maybe for good. Right now pages on Light theme the had sidebar are not centered because the main content is moved left to where the sidebar used to be.

• Widescreen not working. Seems fixable but not sure I’ll bother.

• Some avatars display, Some don’t.

1 Like

Same.

I restarted my computer and now a few show (and like half of the avatars?) but the forum still feels broken.

I’ve lost my green background and got logged out for some reason…

I have seen some badges and some are not shown.

Edit: I can’t seem to change my theme, I’ve got the original blue/white.

Restarted as well to test, and only two avatars show up for me it seems: Riverman & Suzzer. I also was logged out.

I just had to re-upload my avatar to my profile, so my one shows for me again.

Testing

I can’t change my theme from this horrible white on mobile

Yup. No pics here.

To the admin(s)

goodluckwereallcountingonyou.gif

3 Likes

Wtf. I want my money back.

5 Likes

I was also logged out. Fwiw I see most avatars except VI’s. The menu at the bottom of posts is misaligned a bit, so that the like button is around the middle of the screen instead of left aligned.

Tried re-uploading the avatar, didn’t work. I can still see the small preview though:

that is supposed to be a screenshot; I can’t see it though.

1 Like

I also had to log back in. Mine and many other people’s avatars are not showing up for me.

I’m green again :point_up_2: thank you Goreo :green_heart:

The reply Tab is small when opened and goes to large when writing a post, still works fine though so not really a problem at all

Did this place get hacked or something?

Images still not showing, tweets etc too.

I’m sure we’ll all manage if you have more important things to do, thanks ggoreo.

This was all from a 2.7 to 2.8 update?

1 Like

I tried to get around the image issue by linking an image rather than hosting it here, but the system outsmarted me

Edit: goddammit I’m an idiot of course pasting a screenshot isn’t going to work right now lol

The singularity is upon us.

1 Like

Is this the new subforum? Gotta say, not a fan so far.

13 Likes

The forum imo started playing up yesterday when I was writing a long post in the George Floyd thread and it kept stalling and needing time to load that was very noticeable…

My deleted post last night was my own fault for deleting it myself when the Automated time between posts must have kicked it and I was frustrated and didn’t realise that.

Some of my tweets are showing today but none are showing that I see from yesterday’s or before.

Hope that helps ggoreo :v: and thanks again for ure assistance in Admin duties.

Let’s see if a YouTube works… :smirk:

1 Like