Technical Problems

Old tweets aren’t showing but newly upoaded ones might be ok…testing…

https://twitter.com/edpen_/status/1414708331231563779

Edit. Was ok when posted but not ok now. :man_shrugging:

It says I can’t watch it in my country. Why can’t I watch a Top Ten of Bayern München goals from Germany? Something is afoot.

It’s the Trump/Merkel market, don’t ask me :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

@goreo do you need help with styles or javascript?

1 Like

Yes, there are a lot of things broken at the moment. Most of them will will work themselves out over the course of the next couple days.

I’m not entirely sure about avatars yet. It might be easiest to just reupload one.

Asking for a bit of patience with this. There were a lot of changes overnight and it will take some time for us to put all the pieces back together.

7 Likes

Thanks, at least the JQuery still works. Not sure if they changed/added some class names or just the basic layout of the post display templates, but some of the CSS isn’t doing what it used to do (mainly on the wide screen version) but I’m not going to troubleshoot that and we’re just not going to have widescreen versions anymore.

Not sure what’s going on with the sidebar. Probably they changed the handlebars template so something in our custom template doesn’t match up with their new template anymore, or maybe they changed their API, or it could be something else completely , but either way not going to bother trying to figure it out and just going to scrap the sidebar

2 Likes

Testing stuff.

eureka-Z

https://twitter.com/PadmaLakshmi/status/1414021365905117184

3 Likes

Site looks fine from my phone, but is a mess on my laptop.

We’re in big trouble if we can’t post memes in the meme thread!

4 Likes

45 Likes

You may be able to
post memes if they
are small enough

9 Likes

If you’ve been having trouble getting password resets (and I know a lot of you have), go ahead and try it again. That should be restored to previous functionality now.

But still be a bit patient. The forum software sometimes delays sending those for 10-15 minutes for reasons I don’t understand.

1 Like

somebody get in touch with bisonbison, tell him the hand converter is fucked

7 Likes

It appears images are in the process of being restored. If you scroll up a few posts hokie has a meme that needs moar :heart:

3 Likes

@BestOf

1 Like

Hahaha I feel like I did some of my best memeing today, of course when no one would see it.

Any advice for getting avatars back? I was actually going OK until I logged out and deleted cookies, now there are some missing including my own.

1 Like

I see yours

Whoa weird, I don’t see mine in the top right or in my own posts but I do see it in your reply.

They’re not gone, they’re just awol in some places. The process running right now may restore them, but I’m not enthusiastic. I may need to force a restore of them some other way.

Restoring all the post images is using a lot of server resources and is only 8.7% finished. It will need to run overnight. If avatars are still not showing I’ll tackle that tomorrow once the server load lets up.

4 Likes

Cool, I appreciate the work and support. I’ll stay tuned and will stop messing with things in the meantime.

2 Likes

Yep a big thanks to everyone for dealing with all this.

4 Likes