SenorKeeed For Mod!

Should @anon10396289 be made mod?

SenorKeeed for mod?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Edit: 2hr’s after opening… Keeed has requested this poll is closed since it was started prematurely. Whilst I do not believe in this selfless request, I do respect Keeed’s request and hereby close this poll

Having a public poll on this seems super toxic.

Editing to add.

By this i mean any polls like this should be anonymous.

Not listening to the community seems super toxic

I’ve still got the greatest enthusiasm for implementing my plan of increased transparency, increased documentation, and openness to feedback:

However, given that this moderation approach is diametrically opposed to the moderation standard that Wookie wants, this poll might be premature as I don’t see how the two approaches could coexist.

3 Likes

In general I support Keeed for a mod, but there are a few issues. Other people are actually in line to be a mod. And one poster just starting a poll for another?

I think there’s something to do about polls in general and I may try to start a thread on that. Thinking about it.

1 Like

Been saying this for a minute

1 Like

I follow the threads, I’ve seen other posters wonder why SenorK doesn’t have a poll.

This can be another one of those polls that don’t count if the mods don’t like the result.

Let’s just gauge some opinion?

And I don’t like the sound of some of the others mods in the line ;)

Keed volunteered before Chads, so not sure why the Chads vote was ok, but a Keed vote is out of line.

4 Likes

Honest question: Hasn’t this been done in the past without any objections?

1 Like

Chads is imo a less contentious choice, so it makes sense to me for his poll to go first. But as microbet said, there are others who volunteered before me. Who are also even less contentious than myself probably.

I think it’s like a knighthood in Westeros, only a knight can make a knight.

4 Likes

I said in that thread that otatop and whosnext had volunteered before either of them. And I’m saying the same thing again here.

1 Like

If I had better search skills, I would go find the other mod polls. I could swear micro himself started at least one mod poll for somebody when he wasn’t a mod. (But I could be wrong, just going off fuzzy memory. But I don’t recall any rules about how only mods can start site management polls.)

Yeah, but I think after some kind of nomination or something. I did it a long time ago for Smaac, but I at least knew that smaac was ok with me doing it then.

I should have clarified. The poll should be anonymous.

Have any other mod polls been anonymous?

Ok, you’re right. I really don’t know what to make of things at the moment. Too many things going on in too many directions. I don’t know that churchill was doing this here in the best way or spirit, but maybe he was. Keeed was insulted by the way the volunteering and polls went and I could see anyone being upset on his behalf.

I dont know. I saw this one first and then made the same comment in the PC thread.

1 Like

Apologies to you. I’m a virign in the making of a poll, didn’t realise it was a mod only thing. Just wondered why not done yet.

Edit: I copied Wookie’s Pocketchads poll whist drafting this… the poll for Pocketchads is not anonymous… same, same but different

Could you keep gimmicks from voting? You have a reasonable point I suppose, but I think they’ve been public before.