Request Product Recommendations ITT!

Depends where you live, my cable bill/internet bill had gotten up to like $190 (after negotiating down from an even more absurd price) when I quit two years ago. Now it’s $40 for Internet plus $70 for YouTube TV. Key is that YouTube TV isn’t just as good as cable, it’s better. Not the old days where you have to worry about the internet connection.

And while the ~semi-annual $5/month price increases are annoying it beats the hell out of seeing your bill suddenly double in a month and then have to get on the phone with the cable company to negotiate a reasonable rate.

Not a request, but a recommendation: Terro Liquid Ant Baits. GOOD FOR LIQUID ANTS!

These things are amazing. A few years ago, we had an ant infestation in our “snack cabinet” thanks to a piece of candy that somehow ended up unwrapped. They were the tiny guys, not the big carpenter ants, coming from a little gap in the back of the cabinet. Guess they were in the wall.

Put a couple of these bait stations down and within the hour, hundreds/thousands more were drawn to them like a magnet. I had to replace one pretty quickly because a ton of ants end up dead inside one of the stations, blocking the entrance.

Within a day, activity was minimal, within a few days, it was over.

Now, because dlk9s jr is a slob of a teenager, ants have found his room (these are the bigger black ones). I warned him, but you know how kids are. Found the source - a gap in the moulding in the corner of his room. His bedroom is a food court for them. Put some of those bait stations down yesterday afternoon and early evening. I just checked and only see one live ant walking around, and it’s in one of the stations. I won’t declare victory yet, as maybe they are just sleeping in the wall, but so far, so good.

2 Likes

Yeah these are fantastic

Nokias are great phones. I wish they were ATT carrier branded so I could get the ATT features with them.

Here’s a good deal on a top tier tv. I can’t recommend it enough.

https://twitter.com/HelpFindCoupons/status/1546849268555816967

3 Likes

@CaffeineNeeded

1 Like

@Tilted

Appreciate ya both. The 77 inch is the same price at costco and 65 inch is cheaper at costco (which comes with better returns/warranties). That 48 inch seems like a great deal, but my room is huge and needs something bigger I think.

Well the C1 is sold out now at the 77 inch, which is what my wife and I decided on. Guess I just have to get the C2 now lol.

Anyone have any experience getting a jpg printed onto canvas? I have a 2240x1988 jpg I was hoping to put on about a 20" canvas. Having never done this I don’t know if the resolution would be alright or not. I also have no idea on pricing, I see Walgreens will do a 16x20 for $90.

I printed a bunch of stuff yeeeears ago using Artscow.com, and it was shockingly cheap. A 16x20 canvass print is $16. Product quality was pretty good iirc. Might be a cheap way to test out your image resolution and then can decide if you want to spend more on a larger or higher quality canvass.

ETA: it does say on there that the ideal image size is 2362 x 2894 or higher, and that print goes to the edge of the canvas so no extra inch for wrapping and no frame included.

2 Likes

gonna need some new eyeglasses soon, any reason to use one of these internet deals instead of just going to costco like I usually do?

I have a pretty basic prescription and I’ve been really happy with Zenni. Their frames aren’t the absolute best quality but my glasses cost between $20 and $75 depending on whether I want blue light blocker or transitions or whatever.

When I first needed glasses a few years ago I went with them. Next time I spent a little more with coastal and then did Costco now it’s just Zenni. The only difference for me is frame brand and minor frame quality differences

Similar experience as blackize.

Ex sent me the video below. Price was most important to me so I did online. I don’t think the lens/frame quality is great but I don’t wear them that much so it worked out ok for basic progressive lenses. If you need to have your glasses adjusted often maybe it makes sense to go with in-store like the video guy says.

Similar experience. Last time I bought glasses (2-3 years ago) I used EyeBuyDirect and got a few pairs probably for $30-35 average. Usually the toughest part is getting your script info (including PD) to give to the online retailers.

The frame quality definitely feels lesser than what I’ve gotten from B&M stores in the past, but lenses seem fine. This also coincided with me wearing glasses far less frequently with full time WFH, so I wasn’t as concerned with every day quality and durability. I do have prescription sunglasses from Warby which I love, although I might try getting a backup pair online.

Anyone got a smart thermostat they like? New house has the thermostat in the coolest part of the house so it gets hot elsewhere and isn’t programmable

Nest thermostat is great

1 Like

I’ve had one of the Honeywell Lyrics for the past 5 years and have no complaints, I can’t remember which model and I can’t find that info in the app which seems weird. Might be the T5 looking at Google images

1 Like

Ecobee. It has additional sensors. In my two story house, of course upstairs gets a lot hotter than downstairs. At night, I have it set to only read the sensor in our bedroom upstaris to determine the house temperature. we don’t have any bedrooms downstairs, so it completely ignores the downstairs temp while we’re sleeping.

They’re pretty slick. Highly recommended.

4 Likes

The hvac people I know say stay away from nest and always choose ecobee.

1 Like

I have ecobee. I would recommend. Easy to set up. Easy to set up different comfort settings for different activities and then schedule those activities.

The one downside I’ve seen is that we tied ours to Amazon’s Alexa and it bugged out if another Amazon product is closer to the user. We have plenty of other products for voice commands so we disabled it and it works fine.