Poll: commonWealth should remain mod

LINK TO COMMONWEALTH MODERATOR POLL

A few posters have recently noted that @anon38180840 remains a mod despite not actively participating in the site anymore.

After I posted this:

This is something I’ve not paid attention to (because I don’t view myself as a mod or having any other kind of authority), but I think you’re right. I don’t think there’s any reason to have a non-user with mod status, and I’m inclined to revoke it. I’ll give the rest of the day for anyone to suggest otherwise.

Commonwealth contacted me to say that he believes he should remain a mod here. So what I thought would be a straightforward decision is in dispute. Rather than making a unilateral decision, I’m putting it up to a vote:

• Commonwealth should remain a mod
  • Commonwealth should be immediately removed as mod
0 voters

Poll closes 7/8/23 at noon. New users (joining on or after 7/3) are not eligible to vote.

Feel free to make your arguments for or against in this thread. (And please keep them contained to this thread.)

1 Like

so on this issue we’re a democracy?

Two points.

1. Could you please ‘sticky’ the other official community vote on-going now too. Thank you in advance. This thread: UNOfficial Community Vote: Unstuck Politics is a democracy

2. Have you considered that democracy, in general, might be voted out here at unstuck before your poll closes, thus making it moot?

ETA: on point #2 I might have my zulu time confused. My latest figuringz is your official community vote closes before my official community vote. If so… I guess it really is open season on the poster known as Commonwealth. My bad.

So spiders response to repeated doxxing and harassment is to…

Punish the victim and put up a poll that allows those taking part to vote against their victim?

That’s completely moronic.

1 Like

There is zero reason for him to be a mod here. I have nothing against him but he chose to leave the community. Surely the absolute minimum standard to be a mod is to be an active member of the community?

6 Likes

I’m sure he knows about this thread or will soon, but I invite @anon38180840 to make his case for why him remaining a mod is good for the forum and not just something he wants to hang onto for purely personal self-interest.

2 Likes

Removing doxxing is a reason.

And Clovis I hate to break it to you, but no it hasn’t been required to be active here to be a mod.

Are the other mods incapable of handling that task?

Seemingly yes! It’s been allowed for the past six months!

Seems to me they’re doing fine.

1 Like

From the other thread:

The primary concern seems to be that commonwealth’s former username would be searchable and lead people here. An easy fix to that would be to put that username in the profanity filter. People could still refer to that username with shorthand that would not have the adverse search effects that commonwealth is concerned about.

I expect that mods will continue to enforce rules against doxxing and harassment. And if someone believes they’ve been doxxed, and that the mods have not addressed it, they can notify me (@spidercrab) and I will remove the personally identifying information.

That strikes me as the easiest way forward.

1 Like

I wasn’t sure if that would work

ETA: I added the username and it was filtered out in a test post I made, so…success?

1 Like

I just tried it. Seems to work - ■■■■■■■■■■■

Does this work? If so, let’s do this.

1 Like

I’ve got to admit, having c**** rounder listed as an actual profanity is perfect but can we also include c*** onwealth and f*** you ban me?

Then everyone apart from the famous five toadies can pretend he never happened.

Wouldn’t it just be simpler to tell Jalfrezi to stop harassing CW?

2 Likes

Simpler but not more effective for some reason.

So the profanity filter would save us from seeing the words cun*, the n-word, and cu**rounder? Seems reasonable.

1 Like

I have nothing against CW, but I see little reason for him to remain a mod here since he left. I haven’t followed the drama closely, so maybe there is some detail that I’m missing that might change my mind?