About Moderation

On Unstuck I’ve had a threat made against my IRL reputation as it relates to my career, been doxxed by full name twice, and had my initials posted repeatedly. Most of this was in the past, but my name was posted again a couple days ago. My old username is linked to my real name when searched on Google, so I had asked since changing it that people not use it and edited it to ‘cuse’ when they do.

As a result of the flare up recently, I dug up another round of old posts that mentioned my username to edit, particularly looking for ones in About Unstuck but taking care of others if I found them. All that’s been changed is that one word to a shortened version of it.

Here’s some additional context:

Commonwealth’s old username is linked to his real name on Google because he literally has an updated blog on 2p2 with that information.

That is what Chads was doing, he was trolling the ridiculousness of all this. He wasn’t “doxxing” and those two things are at odds with each other.

(And yes, I’ve said he mighta shoulda get a little tempban for trolling {probably not as long as a week though} because I don’t think trolling is great in any capacity; I think it’s much better in all circumstances to broach a topic directly and sincerely; perhaps he thought that option wasn’t available though)

Because it is ridiculous.

For the love of all that is holy just put “cur***r” behind the profanity filter!

The fact that this hasn’t happened is like kiddie game obvious this is all about something else.

1 Like

Should have just linked to the relevant twoplustwo post, then.

So cuse is still posting on 2+2 as crounder and expects to not be referred by it here? Ya that’s pretty ridiculous imo. His real name on the other hand should obviously not be allowed regardless of the fact he openly divulged it to all of us.

4 Likes

you don’t think that would have been deleted too, for reasons?

Poll to vote on Commonwealth’s moderator status here:

It would have at least been different. I like watching drama, but repetitive drama gets boring.

Yes.

Anonymizing users, editing past posts, nuking threads etc should never have been allowed and is bordering on IP theft.

1 Like

Totally agree.

How hard is it to not post something you don’t want known? Especially given we can edit our posts for some time.

Talking about what one does for work is both totally normal human behavior and easily weaponizable, as we’re seeing.

Describing Barbra Streisand as an actress and singer is truly insidious stuff.

1 Like

So funny story about that: I tried adding the N word to the profanity filter after you posted it and for whatever reason it wasn’t filtered. Maybe the filter only works on posts made after a word is added but I sure as shit wasn’t going to post an N bomb to test it out so I assumed the filter just didn’t work.

For the millionth time NO ONE HAS CITED C*** ROUNDER’S REAL NAME (apart from c**** rounder himself in the past).

ffs

I think this is a reasonable assumption, i.e., that the filter rule is executed once when the post is initially submitted rather than every time a post is displayed. So I wouldn’t expect past posts to be impacted by a newly created rule.

I was looking at the profanity filter this morning for the first time (to make sure I knew how to do it if that’s what I ended up wanting to do), and I’m positive the n word was already there.

Right, I added it a few months ago when 6ix posted it and since his post remained unchanged I assumed I hadn’t added the word correctly or something but as TheDuker pointed out it makes sense that it only filters new posts.

So instead of adding it now and actually preventing what cuse wanted prevented, you allow it so you can permaban people you don’t like.

2 Likes

Oh, right, I misunderstood.

No, I did add it now. It has nothing to do with liking people or not.