About Moderation

Yes.

Anonymizing users, editing past posts, nuking threads etc should never have been allowed and is bordering on IP theft.

1 Like

Totally agree.

How hard is it to not post something you don’t want known? Especially given we can edit our posts for some time.

Talking about what one does for work is both totally normal human behavior and easily weaponizable, as we’re seeing.

Describing Barbra Streisand as an actress and singer is truly insidious stuff.

1 Like

So funny story about that: I tried adding the N word to the profanity filter after you posted it and for whatever reason it wasn’t filtered. Maybe the filter only works on posts made after a word is added but I sure as shit wasn’t going to post an N bomb to test it out so I assumed the filter just didn’t work.

For the millionth time NO ONE HAS CITED C*** ROUNDER’S REAL NAME (apart from c**** rounder himself in the past).

ffs

I think this is a reasonable assumption, i.e., that the filter rule is executed once when the post is initially submitted rather than every time a post is displayed. So I wouldn’t expect past posts to be impacted by a newly created rule.

I was looking at the profanity filter this morning for the first time (to make sure I knew how to do it if that’s what I ended up wanting to do), and I’m positive the n word was already there.

Right, I added it a few months ago when 6ix posted it and since his post remained unchanged I assumed I hadn’t added the word correctly or something but as TheDuker pointed out it makes sense that it only filters new posts.

So instead of adding it now and actually preventing what cuse wanted prevented, you allow it so you can permaban people you don’t like.

2 Likes

Oh, right, I misunderstood.

No, I did add it now. It has nothing to do with liking people or not.

1 Like

You know if you want UP to be like SPE, you can just stay there right? Seems useful for this place to be run differently than that one

3 Likes

Why was the UP democracy poll thread closed?

Why were posts in that thread deleted?

Why was my post in this thread deleted?

1 Like

Sabo was using the thread to troll people and the poll is a foregone conclusion.

They were baseless accusations.

Because this thread is About Moderation, not About Gloating.

Thanks for stopping by.

Deleting posts and locking threads because you disagree with them is abusing mod power.

It wasn’t gloating and I would have preferred the more appropriate thread but you locked it. The post was on the topic of moderation.

I appreciate your input.

2 Likes

TTHRIC