Poll: commonWealth should remain mod

The detail is that he was the only one willing to delete constant doxxing/harassment towards him from the usual suspects until about 24 hours ago.

This was his reasoning

The old screen name can’t be posted anymore and other mods will handle it if someone posts his initials or name (or yes, a clever play on his name).

I mean this is complete bs, but whatever. There were less than a half dozen posts this year that cw edited. I’m fairly certain none of them were flagged. So unless your standard is that the mod team should have been constantly running searches for his old username (which he was doing), I have no idea what you’re talking about.

1 Like

I suppose that is a bit unfair. My understanding is that CW has made it clear why he’d be mod for some time, so why would he report anything though?

Also, what happens when the mod who has threatened to attack [edited for clarity] character publicly gets at post reports? Or better yet, why in the world is that person still a mod? Have they said they’ll enforce these rules?

I still don’t see much reason to accommodate CW in that way. Allowing him to continue to be a mod is a pretty significant privilege, imo. He left, if stuff gets posted that he wants taken down, he can message the mods and ask them to take it down. It seems like they have been pretty willing to address reasonable requests.

4 Likes

I don’t see why any former member who’s made it clear he’s never planning to post here again should continue to have moderator access. His fears about what current moderators will or won’t do to protect his own identity is irrelevant to the issue of letting ex-members retain mod powers.

6 Likes

Cuse should have be demodded immediately after the debacle involving the prior admin. Better late than never. The user name stuff has also gone too far but whatever, with it added to the profanity filter now there’s truly no point in retaining his modship.

9 Likes

What about sp@z

After talking to @spidercrab and being assured that my old username will remain in the profanity filter and any future doxxing (my real name has been posted twice and my initials several times) will be taken very seriously, I’m going to step down as a moderator.

Protecting the privacy of myself and others (a few expressed concerns) was my main reason for remaining a mod the last seven months while reducing my participation here to lurking. (The decision to stop posting was also made over my concerns about security and privacy on Unstuck.)

While I’m still worried about what lies ahead, I hope the moderators and admins handle it well from here, and begin to enforce a strict anti-doxxing policy with regard to users’ real identities.

5 Likes

TTHRIC.

1 Like