Poker Hands and Strategy

Spraggy’s Twitch streaming a $5200 PKO, ITM 9/16

Good stuff and he’s a quality lad

1 Like

I havnt played online in a long time (few years). Deposited on GG and man do the rush cash games suck. The loosest player was like 25% VPIP and 95% of the field was under 20%.

How the fuck is this fun for people? I’d rather lick a covid ward than sit with a table of sub 20% vpip nits.

1 Like

Then play a non rush table? Even up to 1/2 rush/zoom/fast is incredibly soft, but there’s also just no point in playing a mediocre hand in EP when you can fold and get another one in half a second.

Of course that is right strategy but that just incentivizes being a nit which removes all the fun for rec players like me. Maybe I’ll try a non rush table and see if it’s better. The PLO rush was worse.

Don’t have history on gg, but PLO zoom there has 99% of the pool playing way too loose. Doubt gg is much different.

1 Like

I’ll keep trying. Maybe it was a bad run of player pools.

Back when I played for a living I was a vpip nit but now that I play for fun I’m a super LAG. It’s so much more fun.

At 1/2 PLO a raise gets through a decent % of the time pf, but at the lower stakes its very unlikely you win a pot with a single raise pf.

It won’t be like live poker where every pot is 3+ way, but that’s just an adjustment you have to make.

1 Like

1/2 is what I was playing. Oh I know that. I played more than a million hands online back when I was in grad school. Paid for my degree with poker basically. That was back when online poker was like having a literal ATM in your living room. I miss those days.

1 Like

I’d say drop down to plo50 or 100 until peak hours, the 1/2 games are kind of boring and nitty during off hours. You’ll have a more fun time imo.

1 Like

Cool. I’ll try that.

clovis had a similar experience on bovada zone or whatever. fucking hated it.

1 Like

Gg fast tables might also be nittier due to a 20bb minimum whereas stars has a 50bb min.

been playin some cheeseburger stakes and I can still beat em, feeling good about it.

1 Like

LOL hand of the week - MI Partypoker edition
From reasonably deep in a $45 satty to a $535. They gave a ton of free tickets to this sat in their “spin the wheel” promo, but we are about 2/3 of the way through the field.

If you’re in MI, its worth signing up for party, just to spin the wheel once a day. I got a $215 ticket yesterday and have gotten a couple of these very soft $45 sat tickets.

7 Likes

Seeking advice on a weird hand:

1/2 homegame, really soft basically 7 fish, 1 supernit and me

Fish 1 (SB) - never played with him before but called down a hand with A high (losing to bottom pair - that is how bad this game is)
Fish 2 (BB) - mega fish, super spewy, rarely folds. Super rich guy, pays for food/drinks and hosts the game for free. Often seems to win due to luckboxing.
Me (BTN) KdQd - TAGish, the idiots at this game think I’m a wizard but I’m at best a slight winner at live 1/2 and I have played very little since covid

SB has about $100, BB and I $300 effective

2 limps preflop, I raise to $10, SB, BB call, limpers fold.

FLOP: KxQx3d

SB, BB check, I raise $25, SB shoves, BB calls, I call

Turn: 7x

BB checks, I shove, BB calls. Shows pocket 7s and holds. SB had Ad10d.

Should I be re-raising BB on the flop given they could have a massive range on the flop? Or is this just a spot where I should take the L and be thankful everyone playing is slightly/a lot worse than me.

Take the L and move on knowing you got super unlucky. Sure you could have raised or whatever but your goal there isn’t to blow out the guy with 77.

1 Like

I mean, just move in on the flop once BB has already called 1/3 of his stack. He’s played his hand as a draw, far more likely than a weak king or something that ‘should’ fold to an AI. As you’ve pointed out this player is free money so there is no reason to wait a street for your 90% equity to turn into 96% equity.

You could wait longer if this was a predictable player and you would know 100% what turn card makes him - but even then, folding top two?? naaaaah. At best you save a bet.

Bad players like staying in on the flop, there’s two chances to suck out instead of just one! Get them in asap (and just spike that river K).

4 Likes

I agree with beercow. If he’s gonna fold to a reshove, then he’s gonna fold on a brick turn anyway (with half his equity gone and probably another overcard on the board), so you might as well get him out now. Plus he’s more likely to call on the flop, which you want him to do with evidently many of his holdings.

1 Like

Haven’t played online poker since Black Friday, but am I reading correctly that the guy called a pre-flop raiser for his entire stack with 43 on a board of KJ95 and no hope for a flush?

If PFR is drawing, he has six outs to a pair. Plus you can’t just ignore the possibility of a bluff with 42 or 32. Or the board could pair 5s and now you’re chopping with 76,86, etc. So many possibilities.

2 Likes