Omnibus January 6 Insurrectionist Thread

It’s pretty easy to get Trump to agree with whatever you want in the short term if you’re in his face yelling at him about it. The problem is you also piss him off and he’ll replace you with a deplorable.

For some of the earlier posts and pretty much the entirety of the LOL Democrats thread:

Can’t imagine Trump doesn’t spite run even if he’s in prison and Ronnie wins the nomination.

Sounds more and more optimal to turn Trump into a Perot.

The argument put forth in the hearings was that the resignations would be the story, and would show what a bad leader Trump is. The “stolen election” wouldn’t get any bling. I guess you’re asking why that persuaded Trump, and for that I got nothing.

These are the kinds of mistakes President DeSantis will not make.

2 Likes

tbh Desantis probably wouldn’t mind trump going to jail

Best case for him is for Trump to die in prison so he can ride the wave of conspiracy theories.

1 Like

It would be great for him if he could pardon him and turn him into Wormtongue to his Saruman.

1 Like

I feel like you’re crossing the streams on purpose, but I don’t get why.

How is it crossing streams? They have a relationship like Devil was getting at.

1 Like

It doesn’t really work, does it? I should hit cancel instead of reply a lot more often.

No it works. I misread your post.

You’re right. My mistake.

Well, just to be clear, I had DeSantis= Saruman, Trump= Wormtongue. Idk, feels tortured.

Yeah, I’m a Trump=Sauraman guy, so that contributed to my problem. Actually Trump=Sauron works best, imo.

Thing is, I don’t think DeSantis wants to go down as dictator, or the guy who ended American democracy, etc. I think he’ll be happy to take his two terms on the back of voter suppression and state legislature bullshit that he “has nothing to do with” and be remembered by half the country as Saint Ronnie the Second. I think he’s more in line with the establishment Republicans that are content to melt our democracy in a slow boil and avoid taking any actual blame for it. He’s Trumpism on the policies, but more establishment on the overall strategy.

And he’s a virtual shoe-in to be a two-term president even with fair elections. Inflation will almost certainly subside and the economy will almost certainly recover at some point in the next six years. If it’s in the next two, Biden has a chance to win. If not, DeSantis wins, gets credit for the recovery, and cruises to re-election.

He’ll get to run for re-election on ending inflation, fixing the economy, ending those silly covid precautions once and for all, and some tax cuts. And he’ll play the hits from the hardliner platform - cracking down on the homeless by cracking skulls to run them off the streets, fucking over immigrants but in slightly less obscene ways than Trump, etc.

https://twitter.com/hugolowell/status/1545088930655117313?s=21&t=PT16yIDysjKJQA4uAKv6TA

1 Like

Bannon crawling out from whichever rock he lives under to testify:

1 Like

For some reason Trump wants him to testify, something I don’t quite understand is going on.

1 Like

There is no way they’re gonna put him on live tv because there is no way to know what the fuck he would do. And then of course he’ll just spew about how they’re SUPPRESSING THE TRUTH

1 Like

It’s bullshit and a ploy to keep the fiction alive that there is “executive privilege” as decided by Trump. “Well now that Pres Trump has decided it’s OK I can go ahead and testify. He still has all those POTUS powers.” God knows what sort of bullshit he’ll throw around if he testifies live, tell him to pound sand.

EDIT: Just saw a chyron on MSNBC “Trump says’ he’ll waive executive privilege claim for Bannon” so this nonsense is already working (of course). Fucking dumb as shit media.

1 Like

Trump just wants somebody to show up on TV to be belligerent and loud on his behalf. It’s a way to give us the middle finger.