Non-Pol Hot Takes

Sriracha isn’t even that good.

8 Likes

images

Chicago is middle America, though.

In before people shit on deep dish pizza, which is something a huge majority of Chicagoans never eat or order. Deep dish is for tourists.

I think all the cool kids are eating Detroit style pizza these days.

Deep dish is deeply delicious.

2 Likes

Deep dish is a perfectly fine meal.

It’s not pizza.

An environmental argument is a moral argument.

Okay but I have only been to Chicago once many years ago, and I didn’t get to try deep dish. I asked for “a slice” and they laughed me out of the restaurant. I’ve always regretted letting that stop me from trying again. Should I give it another go?

Yeah, definitely try it. It’s very good, it just doesn’t hold a candle to traditional pizza imo

1 Like

I’m about to find out.

Wife got to pick from different options at work for a xmas gift. We went with the Charcuterie and Cheese Basket.

All-natural, salty, creamy Prosciutto from Niman Ranch is joined by Danish blue and smoked apple walnut cheeses, olives and Fermin Salchichon Iberico, crafted from wild pigs who roam the hillsides of the Iberian Peninsula feeding only on acorns.

Also, @microbet

Eggs Benedict?

Thank you :+1:

This is where I seamlessly transition to DiGiorno really is better than delivery

But good competition against Papa Murphy’s

What the heck is uncured prosciutto?

Niman Ranch Prosciutto Niman Ranch’s smooth prosciutto with a hint of salt and sweet starts with the best-tasting pork and is handcrafted using time-honored techniques by a family who has been curing prosciutto for three generations. They have honed their techniques and created a traditional seasonal process that mimics the prosciutto making in old world Italy.

I don’t even know what this means.

In Italian, prosciutto means “ham,” and just as in America, there are many different types of ham – cooked and uncooked, cured and uncured , boiled, smoked, it’s a long list. The Italian term for cooked ham is prosciutto cotto, while uncooked ham is referred to as prosciutto crudo

Right, it still doesn’t make sense. Uncured ham (or prosciutto) is just a pig leg. If you’re going to sell raw pig leg to be eaten as-is, it generally need to be cured in some way. Their own description of the product mentions curing. So why does the package say “Uncured Prosciutto”?

I’d say it’s marketed towards hipsters.

1 Like

The biggest difference between cured and uncured is the fact that the uncured uses natural curing agents, such as celery powder, which transforms into nitrite when it is processed. Thus, uncured products have labels with: “No Nitrates or Nitrites added except those naturally in celery powder or juice”. So whether it is a manufactured version that is commonly used or the natural version (celery powder, etc.) the color formation and stability come from this source.

Warm take: eggs Benedict is the best breakfast food.

2 Likes

Eggs benedict with a crab cake on top is better.

1 Like