New Moderator Confirmation Votes: jman220, MrWookie, commonWealth, and Crunchyblack

wat

4 Likes

I mean sureā€¦ if weā€™re taking people seriously. However they also had a vote to permanently ban jmakin and they decisively lost. They donā€™t care about ā€˜democracyā€™ at all and taking them at their word is foolish.

1 Like

I would say that some of them are serious and maybe others not so serious and some of them are serious but only some of the times and would be more serious if things were run the way they want things to run.

1 Like

:vince1:

1 Like

Please do not bring up old beef

1 Like

Sincerely, you donā€™t know what youā€™re talking about.

1 Like

Please do not commit informal fallacies, this is your warning.

Indiscriminate yā€™alling: an informal fallacy that assumes that a fact about a part of a thing is true for the entirety of the thing.

3 Likes

OKā€¦ Enlighten me. What am I missing?

Donā€™t fall for it AQ!

1 Like

:vince2:

1 Like

Please do not bring up old beef, but if youā€™re determined to you might like to click on the link youā€™ve provided and ponder your use of the word ā€œtheyā€.

Even if you hadnā€™t misidentified the poll OP words like us and them should be avoided wrt this forum.

1 Like

Jal itā€™s they. I voted to ban jmakin permanently. The community disagreed. I let it go. They did not.

did he? That wasnā€™t my recollection.

From June 2021:

3 Likes

Fair point, I do remember that post but my recollection is more on this paragraph, which I found a bit threatening/disturbing and kind of overshadowed the apology:

Finally, if anyone sees this as a reason to doxx me or cause me any RL harm I would like to remind everyone that I know exactly who has my personal info and who does not. I will figure out who did it, and if you think Iā€™m angry and crazy/deranged now, it should also occur to you that I take things like that very seriously and will go to great lengths to make sure whoever does something like this faces consequences. However, thereā€™s nothing Iā€™ve really written here or elsewhere I wouldnā€™t mind the entire world knowing about. If you are thinking of trying something - just know itā€™ll likely be a waste of time and anger me greatly.

1 Like

This has been discussed ad nauseum, weā€™re not going to re-litigate it line by line, itā€™s old drama. Because it keeps coming up, I will point out that itā€™s all couched in telling people not to doxx him or cause him real life harm. I donā€™t view that post as a threat.

As I said, he apologized, weā€™ve moved on. If you think the community is unsafe with him here, youā€™re welcome to start a poll about it and lay out your reasons and try to get community support to perma-ban him, but Iā€™m pretty sure that was already tried and failed, though I donā€™t recall specifics.

I donā€™t see what good comes from arguing about something jmakin did like 17 months ago that it would be impossible for him to do again.

particular set of skills itt

2 Likes

Thanks for the link - I read it at the time but itā€™s good to get a refresh on that.

Why would it be impossible for him to threaten someone via PM or doxx them off-forum? Iā€™m sure thatā€™s all still highly possible.