New Moderator Confirmation Votes: jman220, MrWookie, commonWealth, and Crunchyblack

@j8i3h289dn3x7, @MrWookie, @anon38180840, and @Crunchyblack have been nominated to serve as mods beginning November 14th.

These polls and this thread will close in 7 days.

Do you support confirming jman220 as moderator?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Do you support confirming MrWookie as moderator?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Do you support confirming commonWealth as moderator?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Do you support confirming Crunchyblack as moderator?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Wats the threshold

1 Like

2/3

1 Like

Glad to have a chance to grade our peers once again. Will the class operate on a curve, or should be just go with objective assessments of moral character?

2 Likes

:heart: you too Goofy

Your potential worst case isn’t happening. I swear to not perform any acts of moderation at all for the duration of my term.

5 Likes

Easy yes for Commonwealth.

Jman has been way too involved in the drama for my liking to give a yes vote here.

Wookie should be fine.

Voting no provisionally on Crunchyblack, mainly because it seems like he doesn’t really want it. If I’m reading this wrong, I’m open to changing my vote.

One nice thing about permanent mods is that eventually everyone on the forum will be a mod. Then we can each take turns nuking each other’s accounts and be once again on level playing field.

2 Likes

If elected as moderator I promise that the only poster I will ban is @goofyballer, repeatedly, but never for more than 3 hours at a time, and only when he deserves it, which is often.

2 Likes

Waiting to hear the other candidates platforms before voting

2 Likes

The undecided voters may turn this election

4 Likes

Well this changed my vote :+1:

1 Like

3 Likes

STOP COUNTING VOTES. EZ GAME.

Stop the Steal!

1 Like

Voted yes for everyone. If they want to get trolled in whatever AtF equivalent we have here for six months, who am I to stand on their way.

3 Likes

Yup this. Have at it all!

Unfortunately the drama doesn’t stay contained here. It spills over to the rest of the site, making the entire forum toxic and driving away many good posters who weren’t even involved in it. The infighting, factions and grudges have ruined this place for a lot of people.

4 Likes

Sounds like something that banning people for sucking would solve.

This is not some intractable problem. Most people on this forum are 30+ adults, if not everyone. Most of them function in real life, so we know they can do it - they’re just enabled to shitlord for reasons of forum culture.

And if it ends with the end of this site, then I enjoyed all of you and I’ll miss my doom scrolling forum of choice. But life’s too short to have actual long term trolling and counter trolling. If it’s actually WAAF let it not be from within.

/Soapbox

7 Likes

It’s telling that so many of the grownups on here default to an appeal to authority instead of treating the other “30+ adults” in the room with a degree of respect and consideration for sharing opinions that may not align with your own and just moving on.

Ya know, like you do irl for anyone who isn’t espousing openly dangerous, racist and/or anti-science bullchit. But you’re not cancelling those people either, so instead you’ll try to do it here despite virtually no one ever meeting that standard.

It’s worked great so far for sure.

3 Likes