How to count the votes in the recent moderation poll

In the recent poll asking users whether or not @Mrwookie was made a moderator, after the poll was created, in the last day of voting, three new accounts were created to vote no to Mrwookie. Those three accounts were ostensibly registered by former, inactive users of Unstuck Politics all of whom had either asked for account deletions and/or account anonymizations and/or permanent bans (and in one case demanded that all of their donations to UnstuckPolitics be refunded while getting their account deleted). The accounts were registered in the last 24 hours of voting, and voted in the last 10 minutes of the poll being open, in order to put Wookie just below the 2/3 threshold required to be elected to moderator.

Should those “No” votes be counted?

• Yes those “no” votes should be counted.
  • No, those “no” votes should not be counted.
0 voters

This is meant to be a binding poll to resolve the current impasse and I ask that @moderators make this a banner so that nobody misses it.

For more details, see original vote here: New Moderator Confirmation Votes: jman220, MrWookie, commonWealth, and Crunchyblack

Edit: Once this is bannered I will close the poll 7 days from the point at which it is bannered, to make sure everyone can see it.

I am locking this because I can only see it turning into drama. I can attest to the fact that the moderators who were in place prior to the vote beginning are discussing equitable outcomes and I think they should be given at least a little more time to do so. I do believe moving fast is better, but I don’t think going to a community vote on this before they’ve had a chance to come to a decision is a good idea. (And a community vote is certainly a path they could choose.)

Edit: Oops, I didn’t close the poll. Now I did.

4 Likes