NBZ's WSOP 2021 Vegas Trip 10/9-19

Ran my 30k down to about 15k at the first break. Ran a couple of bluffs on scare cards against players with very capped ranges with bet sizes targeting the bottom two-thirds of their ranges and instead induced tank-job crying calls with the top of their ranges. I think I need to wait to show down a good hand before running a bluff unless I have a strong read.

Guy sits down for his first hand. Defends his big blind in a four way raised pot with QT22r, flops the nut straight and doubles up vs top set with a flush draw.

I never get that lucky.

How can you possibly know this about random players?

When an old man raises pre flop, checks flop, check calls turn, and checks the river on a paired board with flush and straight draws possible on the flop, he’s almost certainly relatively weak and unlikely to have better than trip kings

Blinds at 400/800. Short stack of around 7k opens to 2k. Loose player calls. I pot to 9200 with AAT7 three clubs and 200 behind. Blind bet and call. Flop comes Q high all hearts. First player has KQ76ds with hearts. Second player has QJT9. Turn ace. River queen. I triple up and win another pot to get me back to a bit over a starting stack with about 15 minutes before the second break.

8 Likes

Had an old guy at my table named Paul who said he helped found something called the World Poker Players Alliance or something like that. Would like to find out more about him, but can’t do good research on my phone. Anyone have an idea who he is?

28.4k at the second break feels good, given I was down under 10k earlier

1 Like

Up to about 50k after getting it in pre with AAQTss vs AKJJds. So, only play AAxx in PLO tournaments.

2 Likes

I mean, this is genuinely not super far off of GTO tbh. If you watch a final table of an 8 or 9 max PLO event it is incredibly slow because your ranges are so narrow. With no Antes there just isn’t incentive to raise light.

1 Like

Ya this for sure which is why I think plo is a dumb tournament game. It’s so much better as a Cash game.

1 Like

But we have antes.

Dinner break.

2 Likes

79k from a starting stack of 30k.

This is my dinner. Hand histories coming.

PLO tourneys are pretty boring. Once we made day 2 of the 1500 a few years ago, no one was playing anything other than AAxx KKxx. I made the final three tables and busted the first hand in an 80/20. /coolstorybro

1 Like

Pretty much three hands of note.

Lost AIPF with KQJ8ds vs small-stacked aces.

Won with AAJ8 against a guy who flopped two pair when I hit running eights for trips.

Raised with QQ33 in LP. BB defends with AQ64ds. Flop comes Q42. She donks. I jam. She calls.

I’ve picked up a few small pots to help along the way.

One guy at my table has dubbed me “the expert” based on my play and ability to count the pot. Loose player to my right has a monster stack, but he is very predictable and had a tell for nutted hands. To his right is a guy with pro-ish vibes from Maryland. I feel good about this lineup. I need to control the size of the pot and pick good spots for bluffing, using my image.

Of course, this is PLO, so I can be out in two hands.

I could pay for a massage or I could whip out the massage gun and not pay. All this walking makes calves hurt.

You MUST be Kessler. Come on!

1 Like

I disagree with Kessler on willingness to stall and rule changes to create more action.

Table change curse and I’m out 100 from the money, but I think I played well.

One change at the Rio is that there are more male masseuses working.

1 Like