Movies (and occasionally face slaps) (Part 2)

I made a movie about having Dissociative Identity Disorder.

It’s on YouTube too.

At least I think it’s a movie :popcorn::thinking:

2 Likes

Yeah it felt like that. I mean for the battles and all their stratetic stuff you will find much better material on youtube. So I think they couldnt really decide which way to go. Since its an Apple movie the better option would have been a mini series in my opinion.

I imagine this is how some people felt seeing Avatar 1 and 2? LFG this looks so damn epic and satisfying.

1 Like

We’ve been long overdue for quality Dune movies/games/shows like we’ve had with Lord of the Rings, I think the Lynch debacle scared people away from doing things with the Dune universe.

My personal trainer told me his favorite movie is The Departed and I asked him if he’d seen the original and I think his head exploded when I told him there’s a Hong Kong version and also there are two sequels. So now he’s binging them. Anyway, turning regular people into annoying movie snobs is what being a film fan is all about.

3 Likes

Aw fuck. Andre Braugher has passed away at 61.

Some of my favorite roles of his:

Had a nice career and deserved even more chances than he got.

4 Likes

Instantly recognizable voice too. Gosh I’m sad he’s gone.

2 Likes

For sure. I’m especially glad now that Brooklyn 99 happened when it did, because that definitely elevated his popularity late in his career and he’ll be better appreciated because of it.

Denzel deserves all of the praise he gets for Glory as the movie’s MVP, but the Andre Braugher performance added a lot.

6 Likes

So this is their first attempt at the traditional action movie they were talking about earlier this year?

Assuming you had a dvd player and a TV and somehow knew streaming was doomed, list some movies you would want to have on physical disks. Please.

1 Like

I think so. Seems a lot more action-y than what they’ve been doing.

Oh fuck yes.

I just went from not giving any fucks to now giving all the fucks for Wolf Man. Leigh Whannell’s take on Invisible Man was so good.

This is a great prompt for a draft. The potential for maximum snipe rustles is quite high.

I’m embarrassed to say i have no idea how drafts work. I never did fantasy anything.

1 Like

I would rand the third overall pick and then be furious when either of the first two Godfather movies were still on the board.

1 Like

Saw The Iron Claw. Very good movie, delivered to expectations. Holt McCallany was the standout to me; he was a perfect Fritz Von Erich. I admit I had to look up the actor’s name since he’s just been a “that guy” to me, but he did a great job as the overbearing, soulless, piece of shit patriarch of the Von Erich family.

Easily clickable spoiler if you know the basics of the Von Erich story:

The clear driver of the movie was the repeated tragedy that ran through the family, and if you knew even a basic outline of the story then you knew that emotional moments were coming, but they all felt earned and well-portrayed. I was particularly glad that one Mike Von Erich moment made its way into the movie; I wasn’t sure whether it would, but it was one of the more low-key disgusting points of the Von Erich saga.

It did feel like it had some pacing issues at times, with some plot points coming up pretty abruptly, and the actor who attempted to play Ric Flair…failed. But thankfully did not have a big part. But those are the only true criticisms that really come to mind. I thought it did justice to the true story it was portraying, and I was happy with what I got. Easy 3.5/5, probably on the high end of that 3.5 rating.

It’s easy. People sign up, you randomize the order, everyone picks from first to last person. Most drafts then have you snake back in reverse order. Rinse repeat for however many rounds everyone agreed to do.

Some classic Unstuck Politics drafts:

1 Like

Lol so you’re going to get rustled almost no matter what happens

That tends to be the way of it. Still very much holding a grudge against @TrueNorth32 for sniping me in the 30th round or something of a draft 5+ years ago.

3 Likes

I could watch Hot Fuzz an endless amount of times and be happy