META: About Unstuck splintering into SPE

I wish the new site good luck, but it’s pretty pathetic to say everyone is welcome and then ban people on sight for registering. It also makes the defenses that the new site is somehow different or better than the invite only NMNM pretty laughable. It’s far worse as rather than not invite people they don’t like, they instead let them show up and ban them while using a message intended to insult and belittle them. Seems they had to get in one final dig at their forum enemies before moving on.

It’s obviously fine to have a list of people you don’t want, but just be upfront about it and post that list, don’t present a veneer of being open and welcoming.

Again, I wish the new site good luck - everyone should try to find places to post that they enjoy and if UP wasn’t providing that, they have every right to leave and create their own space. It’s just sad UP had to die this way (and before I get called a hypocrite for being a shitty mod, I’m not claiming to be blameless).

17 Likes

Because it’s been a years long troll campaign and now their hobby is gone.

They’ve won running people off this site, but now can no longer harass them at will.

3 Likes

Can someone remind me which team I’m on? I just don’t want to show up in the wrong colours when we take to the streets.

8 Likes

Says another proud non-reader.

Hope you enjoy your football (soccer) threads with no UK/Ireland posters lol.

Snor Ked, why can’t you bring yourself to type “goofyballer”?

1 Like

it’s a typo

Excellent example of good faith posting.

1 Like

you need to start regulating the PROPER spelling of former posters’ usernames at once

The lie is good marketing for their new forum though. If they publicize their pre-ban list then people not on any side will feel bad they’re leaving people they might actually value behind. But with the “everyone is welcome” veneer then those bad feelings can be avoided.

2 Likes

maybe I just can’t wrap my head around how it might be hurtful for someone to intentionally misspell a posters name to make some dumb internet point. Never happened to me! Makes you think though.

3 Likes

Keeeeeeeeeeeeeeed

1 Like

They won’t need to keep replacing their e buttons as often now.

3 Likes

UP has been dying and hemorrhaging long-term users/admins for years, let’s not pretend this new spinoff forum is a proximate cause of the death any more than the NoMods forum or the crypto discord were.

1 Like

I’m sorry?

Are we seriously going to fall to our fainting couches like the author of this post is some kind of victim who should be welcomed with open arms? Have fun with that.

Multiple NMNM posters are actively participating on SPE without issue as we speak. @Yuv, I know you haven’t posted yet, but despite the fact that you are indisputably a “forum enemy” of me and others, you’re welcome to do so. I’d love to keep seing your NBA posts.

To anyone who thinks UP and SPE are offering the same product, I invite you to read this thread, then read literally any thread on SPE, and compare whether the two forums are really that similar. If getting digs on our forum enemies was a big goal of ours we’d probably have a “make memes about NMNM posters you hate” thread or something, like we’ve seen from our opponents. But, that’s not our goal - we’re focused on building a positive, constructive community, something that became impossible here long ago. Everyone who wants to help build that with us is welcome, and I’m not gonna apologize for the fact that there’s a tiny (likely single-digit) number of people who have made it very clear already they’re not interested.

One other thing I’d like to add is that a pleasant surprise of starting the site has been the return of a few posters that had entirely left Unstuck. Sending out mass PMs would have been insufficient (one of these posters is someone I tried to PM here, but their PMs were off; I had literally no way of reaching them!) to notify these people of the new site. It’s made me incredibly happy to see that other people I didn’t even know about felt the same way and feel like they can be part of a new place when this forum made them feel excluded long ago.

Lastly - we didn’t want to announce the site the way we did. Some NMNM posters forced our hands by impersonating other people to get an invite link to spread amongst themselves. So, we scrambled to write the above; apologies if imperfect wording caused some hurt feelings from the people who have been trashing us for months, but something tells me SenorKeeed will be okay.

9 Likes

1 Like

This was after you guys banned me from my account at Exiled Politics that I hadn’t logged into for years. I was already prebanned from your new forum when that post was made. Anyway, you’ve always despised me so it’s no surprise that your “everyone is welcome” is a lie. Just be honest about who you’re excluding and what UPers you won’t allow at your new site.

1 Like

This is kind of a dumb take. I mean yeah they could have said everyone is welcome except for people that will start trolling and complaining until they get banned, but that’s sort of iimplied?

1 Like

Cool story bruv.

On the subject of impersonations/gimmicks/sock puppets I see “new user” BasicBlue introduced by cuse seems a bit similar to… someone we know well…can’t quite place it…I’m sure it’s pure coincidence and when a vote is needed s/he will vote in accordance with their own views and not those of cuse like the infamous ArizonaRon. LOOOOOL

Personally I don’t think you are my enemy at all and neither is Wookie or Jman. I never ever wrote anything vicious to you guys outside our disagreements on ATF, if i remember correctly and enjoyed your posts on subjects like booze and food.

As for the rest of your post, it is the same product. The goal wasn’t to take digs, it was to premaban them. Which you have. And again, I accept and predicted that literally years ago at this point. The desired goal would be UP without the people you don’t like. I don’t see how and why I’m getting pushed on something that is literally undeniable.

It would be interesting to see how that community holds when someone disagrees with a moderation decision (see Trolly now for example). @TimBuktuuf was annoyed that mods aren’t stepping down after 6 months. I wonder how he feels when not only he can’t be named mod, but he doesn’t even get to know who the mods are.

1 Like