New Moderation Policy: Posting personal information will get you permanently banned

This is what I don’t get. This is a terrible look for the people arguing that people shouldn’t be able to choose how they are referred to.

1 Like

I’ve never said it wasn’t a reasonable concern.

I think SK is more sincere than people give him credit for. I don’t think he’s all that smart and what people see as disingenuous trolling is at least some of the time really just him legitimately not understanding things. I believe him when he more or less says that he’s not creative or smart enough to figure out how to harass CW and I have no intention of providing him with a roadmap for doing so.

1 Like

lol, you think I’m sincere but a moron? Fuck off asshole.

And obviously I don’t have any interest in harassing c#se rounder and haven’t done so.

1 Like

Nope just insisting on typing at least 8 extra characters every time you refer to him.

You think that is harassment?

1 Like

If someone asks you not to? Yes.

You also seemed to agree

People have never been able to choose how other people refer to them. If Donald Trump asked me to refer to him as Mr President I would say no. I wouldn’t even call him Donald, or Don, or Mr Trump. I would call him idiot or something like that.

As Rex pointed out the person in question refers to himself as the name he is editing out in his own post.

I still think it’s an asshole thing to do to refer to CW as CR. But it’s not doxing or whatever buzz word the forum uses instead of typing their thoughts in the text box. Because if they typed their thoughts instead of buzzwords they would have to come to grips with how ridiculous they are being.

1 Like

To be fair, I think almost everyone is a moron.

I mean you might want to reread that exchange. Read for the first time? Because you are certainly not understanding what I’m saying there.

4 Likes

Well now you’ve got one fewer person to interact with. Thanks for letting me know what you think of me, wish you would have let me know sooner so I could have never corresponded with you in the first place.

1 Like

I thought you were saying that you found it hurtful when posters replied “KEEEEEEEEEED” to your posts but I guess I’m just too dumb to read even the simplest of exchanges and understand their meaning.

1 Like

Wait why do you think Keeeeeeeeed is hurtful? Because of the misspelling? Do you think I was demanding that people properly spell my username? Do you think I was demanding ANYTHING, or asking for or expecting some sort of moderator action or protection?

Yes, and again me no read good but as you said it might be hurtful for someone to intentionally misspell your name to make some dumb internet point.

No, I don’t think you were demanding anything or expecting moderator action or protection.

I didn’t say that and of course that isn’t what I meant. If Keeeeeeeeeed is hurtful it isn’t because of the misspelling. Was goof baller hurt by me typing “goof baller”? Hard to imagine but if I’m being honest I fervently hope so.

1 Like

You seriously think Keeeeeed is hurtful because they’re misspelling his name? Not because it’s a way to dismiss his posting and his opinions because he’s a troll and/or posting in bad faith? That is absolutely wild.

6 Likes

3 Likes

No, I should have extended the quote to include the full

might be hurtful for someone to intentionally misspell a posters name to make some dumb internet point

because now we’re off on a different tangent.

I understand the whole

because it’s a way to dismiss his posting and his opinions because he’s a troll and/or posting in bad faith

aspect.

This wordlawyering shit is exhausting.

Spend a couple minutes thinking about it. You either grossly misunderstand what is wrong about deadnaming or you have forgotten why cu*erounder ran from this site in shame.

I can imagine, why the fuck are you doing it then? Like I’m not combing through your months-ago posts to try and catch you in some dumb gotcha. The wordlawyering is exhausting? Then stop fucking doing it!