META: About Unstuck splintering into SPE

These are all leans into the joke that was made infinite times towards them. The same as the captains calling themselves captains. You know that though, so i’m not gonna bother explaining it for real.

But it’s nice that we’ve abandoned any real conversation and are solely doing whatabouts now that are easily refutable.

1 Like

If this is directed at me, I haven’t made any decision to let this place die. I’ve been paying the bill and posting here and will continue to pay the bill and post here. I try really hard to avoid participating in moderation discussions for my own sanity.

As far as software updates go, I was also under the impression that there was forum stuff that could break with software updates, so I didn’t see a good reason to try to update the software. And I’m sure part of that was motivated reasoning, since I don’t have any particular software knowledge and didn’t want to get yelled at if I broke something, particularly when the forum seemed to be working fine.

That being said, this is what I see when I log in to the admin account:

I’m happy to press the “Click here to upgrade” button and then reboot if people agree that’s a good idea.

7 Likes

It’s not clever, it’s an ordinary statement of fact. You toss out bans for minor personal slights like candy and overturn potato’s mod actions while having the chutzpah to accuse others of being out of control --even they guy who walked away from the job. You raise a big stink about how this new spinoff forum is a plot to destroy UP yet you register for it right away.

You didn’t have a problem with your captains buddies doing exactly the same thing but now you’re Big Mad that the people your buddies chased away are starting their own clubhouse.

I banned one person - you. After you pmed me twice yelling at me that i’m a coward and I asked you not to that again. To which you pmed me a 3rd time. That is the extent of “tossing out bans like candy”.

I removed one 10 minutes throttle. That is the extent of “overturning potato’s mod actions”.

Why are you embarrassing yourself like this? How will you act in SPE if Mod1 or Mod2 do a single action you disapprove of? Will you hunt them down like you are doing me for the past 48 hours?

4 Likes

He’s not embarrassing himself.

These are valid points:

2 Likes

HAHAHA omg surely not thin-skinned?

1 Like

What are the valid points here?

He lied about me tossing out bans like candy.

He lied about me “overruling potato”.

What is a valid point about me registering to the new website? That I like UP community? Why is that a valid point?

Yes, that was partly directed at you, and also olink, because it sure seems like you’ve both passively chosen to let the forum die. I understand that and I don’t really blame either of you. I told you years ago you would have my support if you ever decided to walk away. I get it. Taking on responsibility for this place is a miserable, soul sucking experience.

But I think you’re either not being honest with us or with yourself about what the future holds for Unstuck, and that you’re not going to really do anything to prevent it. Again, it’s not criticism, I’m just stating the obvious. Nobody is willing to put effort into this place. We might as well all admit that now so we can move on rather than go through the inevitable slow and sad death.

I think the point is supposed to be that NMNM is analogous to SPE. To which: sort of but there’s kind of some obviously important differences too. For example I don’t recall the thread encouraging people here to go there? Like with a big locked announcement thread.

So it’s sort of weird to say it’s the same thing but then also people think it’s awful that NMNM is invite only and not aiming to adopt UP users? What both sites have in common anyway is clearly that they are filled with UP forum traitors.

2 Likes

that’s one out of 4 points he made.

I addressed numerous times why I think they are different but he’s ignoring me. And it’s fine, he doesn’t have to agree. He made 3 other points two of which are lies and one is making fun of me for liking this community.

I don’t know why @sriracha thinks that’s a valid post. Hope he explains.

3 Likes

Yeah, sorry I meant “I think the allegedly valid point is supposed to be…”

1 Like

I’d add that if people want to be invited to nmnm it would help a lot if they’d change their minds about the need for bans, first and foremost, and other moderation gimmicks the mod kids like to play around with too eg throttling.

Unstuck is as good as dead imo. If you didn’t want that to happen it’s probably a good time for all of us to have some degree of introspection as to what we did to cause that rather than continue to make clowns out of ourselves here throwing rocks.

Of course if you were here just to destroy the site, you won! Congrats!

9 Likes

Because you’re lamenting at how nefarious and awful the intentions of the charters of the new site are ("they’re going to kill Unstuck AND ban whoever they want) while also volunteering that you’ve created an account there. To me, that’s a contradiction.

And you’re also making a stink about the new site’s existence as a means for others to “ban whoever they want” while also having no objection to another exclusionist site being created under similar pretenses. In fact, that site even has a front gate that no one can get by unless they’re invited!

Trolly pointing out these inconsistencies in your points of view is not absurd and it’s certainly not embarrassing.

why? they gonna kill UP and have SPE instead where they have complete control. I still want to read the community’s content. I like the content here. Why would I deprive myself of reading it? I hope i’m not going to get banned for being sad about the move.

I really don’t understand why this is a contradiction.

4 Likes

As for this, I’ve already explained numerous times the differences in my opinion. Mostly the power balance. But also the ambitions. NMNM is a tiny group that is similar to the discord. While SPE will eventually replace UP or die. My bet is on the former, I imagine so is theirs.

The embarrassing part is that he keeps attacking my moderation here while I barely done any. Funnily enough that’s the main reason why they claim UP got ruined in the first place and in the new site there will be no mod criticism allowed.

3 Likes

Such a weird decision to ban someone for “criticism, not a content free personal attack

Round three? We established you were a liar in rounds 1 and 2, going to be the same story here.

PMing people abuse or criticism is way more invasive and I’ve never criticized a mod for banning people for this.

So you admit trolly is lying, but think it is better to do whataboutism because someone else wrote something sometime? Oh and of course that something isnt close to being the same but who cares, internet points!

You dont think a better response would have been “actually Yuv never handed out bans like candy thats a lie. And other than removing a 10 minute throttle on a thread i never had any issue with him overuling me in any way. Thats also a lie @Trolly”.

You keep using this harassment by trolly to showcase how some people mistreated you in the same way and your action is to allow and encourage it.

Did we? I know you and your friends love to call me one but I don’t think you’ve established it as fact.

Why would I waste my time defending you?