META: About Unstuck splintering into SPE

Yeah most bars I’ve been to have a strict no-bad-words policy.

5 Likes

There won’t be much inter-forum warring because the admins have chosen to let this place die. There may be lip service to keeping it open, but the choice was already made. The forum software hasn’t been updated in well over a year. I can only assume the server is equally unmaintained, and any slim chance that somebody would step in to take care of those things just evaporated.

1 Like

Anybody else remember when SPE members had avatars gloating about the fact that posters from UP weren’t invited to join?

1 Like

Wasn’t this an intentional choice to not break gregorio’s customizations?

I have no idea what that means. I assume it’s something about how you hate jal? Fair enough. I’m still sad you guys decided to kill UP because almost full control wasn’t enough.

1 Like

Dude, if this is all about you not being invited you could have just been a lot friendlier and less-biased a long time ago. You need to take a good look at yourself.

1 Like

I’m sure that was part of it, but that’s not a good reason to ignore 18 months of security updates. If olink has in fact been keeping the server itself up to date then he has my apologies for implying otherwise, but if he hasn’t I don’t fault him for it because I also refused to do the job.

He seems to think that seeing somebody as a real human means liking them and agreeing with everything they say. And vice versa.

1 Like

@olink Are you letting this place die?

Yeah, and we banned everybody for complaining, it was totally hilarious.

You could be right, of course. I have a feeling UP could live on (even if “undead”) for a long time though.

My recollection is that the upgrade stuff was originally a problem because of customizations that had been done here. But I think at this point most of the customization is gone? So updating forum software is probably doable if someone wanted to do it. It seems more likely to die from some key people deciding not to pay the bills or renew domains than anything else, I guess.

I mean the tshirt comment was also trolling a bit, but I do enjoy my UP shirt. Am I right in thinking that’s supposed to be Sabo Tabby on there? I wear him proudly, but somewhat ironically. In any case, I’ve been a spectator mostly looking for light entertainment for years now, and I guess I’ll get that either way. I’m with 6ix though, I find the forum drama endlessly fascinating. I know you’ve always hated it. I get something like a chuckle remembering old conversations and sincerely trying to avoid contributing to it directly, you know, for the benefit of the site :joy:

2 Likes

That sounds horrible.

1 Like

It was inevitable and probably intentional due to the provocative mentions of NMNM with several misrepresentations.

Last time you said this I took the time to clarify what I said and you accused me of posting in bad faith so I’m not going to waste the time trying again.

It’s just very odd to me that you had no problem with a user who’s part of an invite only offshoot making a poster for “The Uninvited” their avatar after also posting the same picture as some kind of dunk but you’re running for your fainting couch because an open invitation to a different new forum was posted.

“You people are hungry for power and control” says the thin-skinned No Mods guy who is also a moderator.

It also describes exactly what happened when one of the horsemen, a founder member of SPE no less, decided it would be fun to harass a poster by contacting the company he was working for in order to smear him.

But of course that will rest just fine with you.

I don’t want anyone kicked off here. Well, I do think CN sucks and the place would be better without him, but i don’t think it’s within my power to do so.

Like CW and potato were banning whoever they wanted and it still wasn’t enough for these guys. So yeah, I’m sad. I dunno why thin-skinned is some clever insult.

1 Like

bruh what is wrong with your brain

1 Like

He went with “Yeah, we opened a pizza xpress across from pizza express because we couldn’t kick out jonny. its the same exact product with the exact same menu but we gonna kick out jonny and anyone else we want to. also, we only cater to former pizza express customers who we invited by advertising inside pizza express. But we wish pizza express all the best and anyone who says otherwise is lying about are motives!”

4 Likes

that might be because you don’t take the time to read and understand things

it’s been explained thoroughly