META: About Unstuck splintering into SPE

So damn true.

It’s not about fair.

NMNM was created so some people can have an online place to talk to their permabanned friends and cannot by design replace UP.

SPE was created so some people have complete control on permabanning whoever they want and is designed to replace UP.

I don’t get why we have to be blatantly dishonest about the goals.

3 Likes

Oh right, the better solution is to just give anyone free rein to harass and or threaten other users until they leave in frustration or fear. Or to just make an invite-only forum, because never letting someone post in the first place is totes more respectable than banning them after they post badly.

1 Like

This is absolute horseshit and you know it.

Seem pretty similar to me. UP wasnt meeting the wants of some members of the community so they are spending time in forums that aree more in line with their needs. Seems all good to me. I wish NMNM was lurkable, but I understand why it isnt.

I thought this community was pretty good tbh. It’s a shame you dislike it. You are saying a community can only exist if 5 specific people are the sole owners, judges and executioners. I disagree. Don’t think my take is super scorching hot.

1 Like

Who’s permabanned from UP who didn’t voluntarily request the ban? You guys over there shooting the shit with Inso0 and tbab?

Who? Oh wait, you mean the people who self-banned and anonymized their accounts so there was no record of them ever having posted here.

what?! this is in the OP.

Imo it’s OK if SPE doesn’t want to have an about moderation forum. But it doesn’t seem fair for them to put their about moderation forum on UP.

5 Likes

I would agree. The link to the new site is provided, would be good form to just leave it at that.

1 Like

This describes yours, cuse’s and potato’s modding. Banning people is a threat of eviction carried out with a sample of how it will feel.

This is like when 2p2 got rid of ATF and everybody lived happily ever after.

2 Likes

Ok, I’ll do it.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, so many accounts have been anon’d and outright deleted (by people on both ‘sides’) that even if you wanted to it’d be nearly impossible to piece together some things. I know you had a different reason for saying “no way I’m doing that” but there’s this other monkey wrench in the potential plan already.

1 Like

Meanwhile:

This is also not a forum whose purpose is to trash, troll, or disrupt Unstuck.

But keep on lying about people’s motives. It’s a great example of why people are tired of this shit.

No, it’s just a forum with identical topics who is poaching 100% of its users from UP already limited crowd. Can we have a discussion by adults for adults? Funny how Zikzak got it but apparently i’m “lying about motives”. No, they would have written a post here inviting everyone to “trash troll and disrupt unstuck”.

God, I hope you are acting and this isn’t real. Both would suck, but at least one makes sense.

I’m not saying that is the intention in creating this thread, but that is what it has turned into. I’m recommending that if people want to discuss the internal politics of SPE (or NMNM for that matter) that they do so elsewhere. A good chunk of this forum doesn’t even like discussing the internal politics of this site.

1 Like

Yes, it obviously is kinder not to invite someone to a party than to invite them and kick them out.

2 Likes

Am I going to be able to get an SPE t-shirt to go with my UP shirt?

(I hope the new site goes well, and I really do hope there actually won’t be any (er, maybe “too much” is more realistic) inter-forum wars :stuck_out_tongue:)

1 Like