META: About Unstuck splintering into SPE

It’s not falsifiable so there’s no point in asking.

I registered to the new site. I like UP discussions and enjoy the community. If it moves there, I still would like to read it even if i’m not allowed to post or just have criticism on the motives for its creation.
I don’t get this post, does the fact that I registered there is a knock on me? “Haha, you enjoy UP, loser”?

1 Like

Who are the mods and admins on the new site?

Good, so do I, but I like even more people being free to converse with each other without a third party intervening, much as would happen in a pub.

I’m sure I will register there eventually, but I warn people that I will almost certainly be using a new user name as it is my policy to not use the same user name in different places.

Some posters wanted this place to be more like an Enlightenment salon rather than a pub. I’m more of a coffeehouse guy and normally wouldn’t go to a pub.

Several people have different usernames than they had here.

The point was to warn you that someone might be impersonating you. It’s kind of a courtesy.

If you call someone a ■■■■ in a pub in which the majority of people are American you will be asked to leave.

1 Like

I wouldn’t use that word if I knew it would cause offence, so it’s a moot point.

Great try though!

Meanwhile, jal’s in here re-re-re-re-nursing his grudge about how people who have had a fancy meal out are grotesque from three years ago, and how real liberals can’t talk about how best to save their money for retirement. The NomNom crew has adopted the Karl Rove playbook entry of refusing to call their forum enemies by their own names. And, of course, there are the aforementioned off-site threats. You want to talk about power struggles, but you conspicuously left out that one.

3 Likes

I thought we weren’t supposed to talk about that.

1 Like

What’s the problem with Jal having an opinion about money usage? I disagree with it and enjoy fancy meals. But why does it bother you that he has an opinion on it? How does it relate to having a new community identical to this one only with permabans rights to a selected few who now owns it?

Lol k

Can we just drop the pretense and blatant dishonesty? Jal’s objection isn’t to wookie’s budgeting ffs.

here

2 Likes

looking forward to hearing what NotNotBruceZ has to say

9 Likes

So we’re saying the same thing. The sole purpose of the new site is that “we” (aka - the selected few new owners of SPE) get final and only saying in who to permaban.

I said the same thing for years. You guys always fought back on that point.

3 Likes

Would it more fair if SPE was invite only?

2 Likes

It’s not simply about people having fancy meals, but then you know this because we’ve had this same conversation before.

When you write in one thread to impress on people how much you really do care about the plight of the homeless and poor, while at the same time in other threads are eulogising and showing receipts for vastly ostentatious consumption and pumping money into companies that go a long way to create and exacerbate these problems, you should expect to have the values you espouse questioned, don’t you think?