LC Thread 2020: What the PUNK? ROCK.

https://twitter.com/crunchybrak/status/1278411106529226752?s=20

Dudes channeling Andy hard here.

I mean maybe I’m wrong but I don’t think so.

LOOOL

https://twitter.com/mmcauliff/status/1278378311283085317?s=21

Went to the CVS pharmacy here and was greeted with the image below. Asked the girl who eventually came to the counter if she’d ever seen the movie Clerks. I got a confused ‘no’ along with ‘ok boomer’ look.

I assure you we’re open.

5 Likes

So how much of a sausage party is this place?

Are you a woman?

• Yes
  • No
  • Maybe

0 voters

Literally? Probably not, but I only cry at movies or very sentimental commercials. I’d be very sad though.

Consider this an invite to the Unstuck Summer Weight Loss Challenge (Potatoes Not Included), which starts July 5.

These people are such losers. That’s seriously my grandma. And yours. It’s just a joke that this lady has any impact on the direction of our country.

Hey at least we’ve got a few women and gay people. Zero black people afaik.

Re my posting earlier about Australia’s changing military spending, this is also worth pointing out, this is an article from the independent public broadcaster, the best source of news here:

For decades Australia has been quick to send troops, naval vessels and planes to help the United States wage wars on distant shores.

But now there are signs that Australia’s appetite for foreign military adventures might be ebbing away.

When the Trump administration approached Australia last year to ask for help patrolling the Straits of Hormuz near Iran, there was a palpable moment of hesitation before the Federal Government said yes.

Now the Prime Minister seems to be warning our great ally that next time, we might well say no.

As Scott Morrison put it in his speech: “We remain prepared to make military contributions outside of our immediate region, where it is in our national interests to do so, underscored.”

“But we cannot allow such consideration of contingencies to drive our force structure to the detriment of ensuring we have credible capability to respond to any challenge in our immediate region.”

Seems like a pretty clear message that Australia won’t necessarily be saddling up for your next great Middle Eastern adventure. Sorry guys.

Wrong on the latter, but probably only just. I asked the same question recently when it suddenly dawned on me that Unstuck is not only in danger of becoming an off-putting liberal echo chamber about to disappear up its own arsehole, it also probably has very poor representation by ethnic minorities.

Yeah, one thing I almost noted yesterday was their headline description of ‘grey-zone activities’ that they need to guard against is:

use of para military forces and coercive economic levers

The second could be about China, obviously, but by far the biggest imposer of unilateral economic sanctions is the US. It’s a similar story for funding ‘irregular’ soldiers around the world.

I don’t think that sentence is intended to be read exactly like that—to be more a reference to the US than China—but it does give them something clear to point to to then stay out of the normal modes of US engagement.

The “coercive economic levers” is a very clear reference to recent Chinese actions where they disallowed a bunch of Australian barley and beef imports as well as threatening to scale back Australian iron ore imports (although the latter is probably not a threat that China is capable of making good on without suffering prohibitive pain on their end). There was tension over Australia’s public statements on COVID, among other things. Australia was more or less told that we would suffer economic retaliation if we don’t mind our own business geopolitically.

1 Like

If anything good can come from trump other countries joining our endless wars coming to an end would be.

Question is does anyone believe that China and Russia would be less aggressive in their behaviour if there were no US troops outside the USA, no carriers patroling vital trading routes?
China couldnt accept the US presence on their border after South Korea and the US launched their counteroffense against North Korea during the Korean war and that was before the USA really started to getting involved in the fight against communism.

1 Like

Interesting read - the movie is gonna be great.

“People are fucked,” one of the sources who provided the documents to Motherboard said. “People talk about murder, buying kilos, buying guns […] millions of pills” on the phones

1 Like

Reminds me of this

Hitler an organizational genius is definitely rewriting history. He was out of his fucking mind as fuhrer.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve been watching World War II In Colour on Netflix which has colourised footage that brings it all so much closer to home. He should have just invaded Britain ASAP instead of hoping for a treaty (and obviously not done the Russia thing when he did). That’s about as far as I’ve got so far and I find it mesmerising in colour.

People will twist themselves into all kinds of logical knots to try to rationalize the obviously evil things they support. Insisting that idiocy is actually genius is not at all surprising. We have watched it in real time for 3+ years now as many people cling to the 4D chess fictional explanation for Trump’s obvious ignorance and stupidity.

2 Likes

Dunkirk was a truly massive fuck up. The British should have gotten 0-10 boats out of there and the rest should have been lost. Instead he let them slip away. Should have killed/captured most of the British Army there and invaded immediately afterwards.

Like Hitler all but won WW2 and then blew a bigger lead than the Atlanta Falcons vs the Patriots.

1 Like

Yeah, but Hitler thought he had enough time to let his troops catch up with the Panzer tanks that had forged ahead and cut off the Allied troops, and only then deal with them all. I mean, there were 300,000+ of them and the possibility of an unlikely sea rescue involving privately owned fishing boats wouldn’t have occurred to most people as having much chance of success, as it was a last desperate attempt to save the British army.

1 Like