LC Thread 2020: What the PUNK? ROCK.

Reminds me of this

Hitler an organizational genius is definitely rewriting history. He was out of his fucking mind as fuhrer.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve been watching World War II In Colour on Netflix which has colourised footage that brings it all so much closer to home. He should have just invaded Britain ASAP instead of hoping for a treaty (and obviously not done the Russia thing when he did). That’s about as far as I’ve got so far and I find it mesmerising in colour.

People will twist themselves into all kinds of logical knots to try to rationalize the obviously evil things they support. Insisting that idiocy is actually genius is not at all surprising. We have watched it in real time for 3+ years now as many people cling to the 4D chess fictional explanation for Trump’s obvious ignorance and stupidity.

2 Likes

Dunkirk was a truly massive fuck up. The British should have gotten 0-10 boats out of there and the rest should have been lost. Instead he let them slip away. Should have killed/captured most of the British Army there and invaded immediately afterwards.

Like Hitler all but won WW2 and then blew a bigger lead than the Atlanta Falcons vs the Patriots.

1 Like

Yeah, but Hitler thought he had enough time to let his troops catch up with the Panzer tanks that had forged ahead and cut off the Allied troops, and only then deal with them all. I mean, there were 300,000+ of them and the possibility of an unlikely sea rescue involving privately owned fishing boats wouldn’t have occurred to most people as having much chance of success, as it was a last desperate attempt to save the British army.

1 Like

Reminded me of this

Welp, it’s not going to be good when they take over Signal and start dishing out ten year sentences for plotting to spraypaint statues or feed the homeless.

https://twitter.com/L0ST_VEGAS/status/1278600102970458113

3 Likes

No way Hitler could have invaded Britain. The Royal Navy had near total naval supremacy and would have shredded any invasion force.

Germany had a large aerial advantage which was more important though, meaning that their planes would be favourites to dominate the Channel and prevent the RAF and Navy from disrupting the passage of ships holding troops for the invasion.

The Battle of Britain was won by the RAF largely because Goering (in charge of the Luftwaffe) fucked up, allowing the skill of the RAF pilots and superior manoeuvrability of the Spitfire to exert their edge.

pretty good short video on why this was a bad idea

Well the first they would have to avoid the mistake of Dunkirk.

China is building a global empire. They are just going about it with more subtlety than the US. There absolutely has to be a counter-weight to their global expansion.

The Netflix series I’m watching is World War II In Colour, not what I said before lol.

I think you might really love it.

Dunkirk, the Battle of Britain and Stalingrad can all be laid at Göring’s feet.

At Dunkirk he convinced Hitler that Germany doesn’t need to risk their ground forces because the Luftwaffe can just bomb the soldiers stranded on the beach.
During the Battle of Britain, I don’t remember the name (Air Group South or something?) of the part of the RAF responsible for defending the south of England and the channel, they had to almost withdraw further north and grant air superiority to the Luftwaffe, possibly enabling Germany to establish a beachhead (a longshot, but still).
The airfields and part of the radar infrastructure were destroyed. Instead of pushing this advantage Göring decided to attack another part of the coast giving the British enough time to recover.
In Stalingrad he promised the Luftwaffe is able to supply the troops. In reality he was able to deliver only 10% of minimum requirements.

It’s far from me to defend Hitler but history is not only written by the victors but also by the loser’s generals. Quite literally, they published books after the war and wouldn’t you believe none of it was the generals’ fault.
Hitler was a megalomaniac and became quite erratic and paranoid towards the end of the war but not all the decisions can be boiled down to him being a bumbling fool.

2 Likes

That’s a pretty good analogy lol

Or alternatively, he amassed a massive chip lead in the WSOP France :fr: then left the table to go play PLO with the Russians, went broke in Stalingrad while he blinded off his stack in France

1 Like

Hitler as Vinny Vinh.

2 Likes

Argument in my house between my wife and I.

We have a variety pack of Annie’s box mac and cheese. (see here)

There are three types:

• Shells and cheddar
  • Shells and white cheddar
  • Tubes (idk what they are called) and cheddar

Person A believes that mixing 1 and 3 is okay (same flavor, different shapes) but mixing 2 and 3 (same shapes, different flavors) is a crime against humanity.

Person B believes that mixing 2 and 3 is okay (same shapes, different flavors) but mixing 1 and 3 (same flavor, different shapes) is a crime against humanity.

Who is right?

• Person A
  • Person B
0 voters

To differentiate, you can refer to the tubes as “elbow” macaroni.

You’re both wrong. Any mixing of those should be okay.

2 Likes

At first I was afraid of mixing flavors, but they’re just different degrees of cheddar and whatever else they put in.

It’s not bleach and ammonia.

1 Like