Grab Bag Walrus - Reveal Thread

Some of you are really really bad at fitting the category though. I think some of you might be confusing “bridge” with “completely new element at the end of the song”.

So, I went with a genre that hasn’t yet been seen in a walrus (I think) for my submission. We’ll see how that works out. Fully expecting last place so I won’t be disappointed.

1 Like

I definitely found this this category a little tricky to find a fit for. Getting Suzzer shakin dat booty and the last minute had to fit the “change” requirement…I don’t have a lot of confidence but maybe I can end up in a middle spot beside Pauwl if I’m lucky…

I should have been more clear about shaking the booty - basically I just need some catchy rhythm and melody that work together. But it could even be some acapella thing.

I didn’t even notice suzzer’s booty. I just thought it’s about a ‘twist’ at the end. Oh well.

Well I was just trying to give an idea of what I like, but I was pretty vague. But then again what I like is pretty vague I guess - it just has to grab me.

Suzzer’s booty is best left unnoticed so I am told. (I too didn’t notice it and focused on the twist).

Suzzer’s booty not getting enough respect ITT.

1 Like

I don’t know. This might be the last stand of the only nodium free competitor left.

2 Likes

Suzzers booty not doing enough revealing ITT, imo

3 Likes

Sweating:

Pauwl’s middle of the road run
The return of eyeboogers Mojo
CanadaMatt’s p/nodium
Seites/pyat’s Curse

5 Likes

Does 5pm PT/8pm ET/4:37 last Tuesday AUS time work for everyone?

2 Likes

Ok! For tonight’s reveal, we will be imbibing in my lockdown go to - a nice Prosecco. I’ve been switching back and forth between the blue and the orange of this brand - orange is a little sweeter. Blue might be a little dry for me.

Also a tramadol which should kick in about halfway through the reveal.

5 Likes

holy walrus jesus

4 Likes

In first place is elrntnfkfkfnfb-zzzzzzzzzzz

4 Likes

First of all, I liked most of these songs. I felt the adherence to the category idea was a little shaky. But I tried to give the benefit of the doubt when I felt like the spirit of the rule was being honored.

Since my category was so specific I decided to do a 1-10 point system for if I liked the song, and did it fit the category. Highest point total wins. Like Obama, total transparency.

Also I tried not to get distracted by the videos, because some songs didn’t have them and I didn’t think it was fair to mark songs that did either way. So if your video helped, you kind of got hurt, if your video was surreally bizarre, you got a reprieve. I guess everyone did it this way?

I listened to each song at least twice. I went back and listened to the transition into the supposed “new element” as many times as necessary to try to understand where it was supposed to be. Some of you probably should have left a comment as I was guessing.

Ok let’s get into it!

4 Likes

Oh yeah - one more thing I forgot to mention. I have a general rule to never trash anyone’s creative endeavor. Unless that person is a professional who’s basically asking to be critiqued - I think anyone else’s creative effort should be nurtured and applauded, or at least not trashed. Life is hard enough w/o random idiots who never even tried - sneering at your first attempt to add a piece of art to the world.

So to me putting up songs for Walrus is a little like a creative endeavor. I assume you are sending me a song that’s special to you, maybe something you think is a hidden gem, or connects to a special moment in your life.

So despite my general trash-talking approach to Walrus, I’m going to be pretty nice in this.

5 Likes

Scoring to that extent based on category fit is fraught with danger…but we’re all in the same boat, and you have the tramadol to handle the cries of righteous indignation so…LEZGO!

1 Like

Another category where my options were limited. My expectations are modest.

1 Like

Our last place song however is an exception to what I just said. I feel like the person who submitted this song fully expected to either finish last or first, so I’m granting that wish. Furthermore I feel like maybe I was being tested a little bit to see if I was “musically cool” enough. A test I fail with flying colors.

I’ll let the youtube comments on our last place entry tease it in:

1 Like