Grab Bag Walrus - Reveal Thread

This was me, very pleasantly surprised with the placement. It’s an absolute monster, but I think might come near last in plenty of walrii. Autechre are awesome but often completely unconcerned with danceability, so careful.

1 Like

I’m actually ok with my placement in this category because who the hell listens to this shit for entertainment anyway?

4 Likes

What the fuck did I do?

2 Likes

This was an excellent category, I pretty much liked every entry, which is unusual for me

3 Likes

you’re the cool gradnma

2 Likes

What I do in my own time is my business, but I will take it

1 Like

Listened now, 2nd place was particularly great. (Not going to mention it was @seities, though, what with the curse.)

After hearing first I’m sad I once again failed to find the bootleg hardcore remix of Mariah Carey doing Without You that I heard on John Peel in the late 90s. I’ve been trying to track it down ever since, it was an absolute masterclass. Honestly.

2 Likes

+1

2nd place might’ve had a shot at 1st if it’d been submitted with the caveat that it must be listened to @ 1.25 speed.

I had autechre as either jal or pyat. Has anyone claimed Joy Division yet?

1 Like

All your burning questions answered:

2 Likes

Ouch, somehow missed my first nodium in the competition. Only saved by the fact that jalfrezi did worse than I did.

Looks like everyone has at least one nodium now except for Pauwl. He is ironically is on the nodium overall, mostly due to the fact that he is the only one without a podium as well. 9 straight finishes between 5th and 10th. Remarkable consistency.

3 Likes

I’ve collected every spot on both the podium and the nodium already. That must count for something, mustn’t it?

I’d like to think so, as it otherwise just averages out to a mid table finish.

2 Likes

You get the Marmite award?

1 Like

Not talking to you any more lol

Ha. Bout time you nodiumed.

And you say you can’t dance to it?

1:42

2 Likes

Something like this?:

Listening now, you all suck! Not really - all 3 were decent so far but I’m not guessing podium.

Reveal in a few hours. So get your affairs in order, and give the kids some Benadryl or whatever you need to do to get the little virus vectors to nod off early.

4 Likes

I gotta say so far no no mealy mouthed bedwetter crappy Pavement clones, disjointed screechiness, granola hippy Dead crap, or any of the other stuff that seems to pop in these things that annoys me. Everything so far has a beat that at least tries to move my butt around in the chair.

1 Like