Grab Bag Walrus - Reveal Thread

At last, we have made it to the reveal phase of this first ever Grab Bag Walrus.

We have some new pinnipeds on the block, no doubt chomping at the whiskers to ascend to the throne of Walrus champion and go down in infamy.

We have some veterans with us on these rocky shores, scarred from previous tusky tussles. Perhaps driven by the desire to recreate victories of Walrus past? Or is it about redemption after being relegated to the bottom of the blubbery pile one time too many?

This is going to be a long reveal thread. Fourteen reveals, of 13 songs. Aside from Pyatnitski we are all in with a shot at glory.

It’s time for the party.

It’s time for the butthurt.

It’s time for the reveals.

And remember - all’s fair in love and Walrus.

gl

6 Likes

I dunno, this is my first anonymous entry, maybe without horrific prejudice the peasants might finally open their ears?

6 Likes

A+ OP, the pyatnitski gag raised a chuckle.

Might be fun for revealers to take a guess at who each submitter was when revealing??

I’m pretty sure I know which is pyat’s in my category :wink:

3 Likes

Yeah up to each contestant on that front, but I am going to guess at a few of mine at least :slightly_smiling_face:

The grotesque spectacle that is the Walrus will begin in 30 minutes

4 Likes

Your walrus is having dreamlike thoughts.

1 Like

Category host name: Pauwl
Category: Songs that invoke dreamlike thoughts. Dream Pop or New Wave, No Wave, Dark Wave, Psychedelic, Proto-punk etc.
Musical tastes: I do not like most modern pop, metal, hard rock, punk, country, rap, and R&B. I listen to very specific artists in all those categories but I wouldn’t go there. Modern music I like would mostly fall under indie rock. I love all kinds of weird genres from the past and discovering new ones.
Any other judging notes: Overly familiar songs will be down scored.

Edit: To be clear, it’s not meant to be songs about dreams.

2 Likes

Paging Walrus contestants:

@eyebooger
@miliboo
@suzzer99
@ChrisV
@skydiver8
@SwankyWilder
@Jalfrezi
@pyatnitski
@Yuv
@Canadamatt3004

1 Like

@LouisCyphre
@Nicholasp27
@seities

Jeez, you scared me there for a second. Getting @ in a Walrus thread usually is bad news. I didn’t even know the reveal had started and I am already out?!? Then I remembered it’s anonymous and I still have shot at not finishing last.

5 Likes

Hail yeah and zomg, reveal!

1 Like

Gather 'round walruses

1 Like

They are grotesque creatures!

Just like some of the entries for this category.

3 Likes

Pauwl comin in throwin shade like:

walrus3

2 Likes

So I made a pretty clear suggestion of what genres to look into. I did not suggest dance/electronic or new age. I was considering giving this as an example, but didn’t want to detract from people picking Cocteau Twins entries (spoiler: no one did):

2 Likes

Usually once you have your list ranked, you pm that list to mod (@seities) and he replies back with the names of submitters.

This one has started, but I’d recommend that for future revealers.

This hasn’t happened in previous Anon Walren that I have been in. People “claim” their tracks as they are being revealed, and whoever acted as distributor (me in this case) can attribute for those who weren’t around to claim.

1 Like

For these first 6 entries, I didn’t give much of an analysis. I just truly hated them. I have actually deleted them from my youtube history so that I don’t get recommended anything based on them.

I’m the bad guy

6 Likes

Il go back and like this post if I’m not in the first six entries.

5 Likes